Stuffed sponge cake. Dessert of Mexican origin that was created in 1957 by Marinela, a commercial firm that belongs to the Bimbo bakery and that presented this dessert individually. It is a dessert filled with cream and strawberry jam ( strawberries ) and the cake or pie is extremely light.
[ hide ]
- 1 Origin
- 2 Ingredients
- 3 Filling
- 4 Preparation
- 5 Source
It is a dessert of Mexican origin that was created in 1957 by Marinela, a commercial firm that belongs to the Bimbo bakery and that presented this dessert individually. He highlighted it with the image of a goose and it was very popular and successful. It became the children’s favorite candy. It is a dessert filled with cream and strawberry jam ( strawberries ) and the cake or pie is extremely light. It is covered with chocolate and with chocolate chips and is a delight. We clarify that there are many ways to do it and this is one of them.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar (200 grams)
- Vanilla to taste
- 2 cups of flour (240 grams)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (chemical yeast, leavening)
- Pinch of salt
- Strawberry Jam
- 2 cups of cream (cream)
- 200 grams of semi-bitter chocolate coating
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until they are thick and light colored, letter point.
- Incorporate the vanilla.
- Aside, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Incorporate the dry ingredients into the previous preparation in an enveloping way.
- To butter and flour a 24cm diameter mold.
- Line the bottom of the pan with white paper (sulfite, from the bakery).
- Pour the preparation into the mold.
- Cook in a preheated oven 180º for 30 minutes or until you prick the center with the tip of a knife, it comes out clean with nothing attached.
- Remove and let cool slightly and remove from mold.
- It is convenient to fill in the next day.
- Whisk 1 and ½ cup heavy cream until thick.
- Cut the cake or pie into two layers. Cover each layer with plenty of cream and strawberry jam.
- Ganache bath. Put ½ cup heavy cream in a saucepan.
- Take to the fire and leave until it boils.
- Remove and pour over the chopped chocolate.
- Mix continuously until the chocolate dissolves.
- Wait for it to cool down a bit and take on the consistency of light cream.
- Dump the bath from the center of the cake and with the help of a spatula, coat the entire cake. Chocolate chips can be spread.