The Chocolate Sponge Cake . It has an intense chocolate flavor , super fluffy, very juicy and rich on the palate. An indispensable recipe in our pastry cookbook
[ hide ]
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation
- 3 Sponge Cake History
- 4 Sources
For 6 people:
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams of flour
- 100 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of cocoa
- 50 grams of unsalted butter
- 50 ml. milk
- 5 grams of yeast or baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Beat the eggsfor 5 minutes at high speed. In this period the eggs will foam and double their volume .
- When the eggs areready, add the sugar and beat 1 minute more.
- Add the oilof olive soft and continue beating.
- Add the milk, the vanilla essence and continue beating for a few more seconds.
- Place the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sieve in a bowl in a strainer , add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor of the cake .
- Combine the wet ingredients to integrate them and then beat them on low speed.
- When you no longer see traces of flourin the mixture, add the hot water , this will help it to finish melting and complete the cocoa .
- At the same time that you have the doughready you must prepare the mold. For this recipe you have to use an 18 cm round mold. in diameter and 10 cm. high, to supply paper desmoldado fórralo with lard or wax .
- Place the doughinside the mold and take it to the oven that must be preheated to 180 degrees C. and bake for 50 to 55 minutes with heat up and down without a fan. To know if it is ready, inside use a knife or toothpick and if it comes out dry you can already remove your homemade cake from the oven and put it to cool in the mold on a rack for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes you can unmold it on the rack, remove the baking paper and let it cool completely. You have the cakeready you can now fill it as you like!
Sponge Cake History
The word sponge cake comes from the Latin: bis coctus which means cooked twice. The double cooking is to dry them in the oven after cooking to keep them better. With this they can be conserved for a long time, so they were long used as food for soldiers and navigators . The history has bequeathed us numerous recipes, often linked to an event or place, no city or town missing your cake typical, without thinking much, remember all kinds of cakes, sponge cakes , bizcotelas and bisque, mantecadas, sobaos , biscuits, colineta , maimón , stuffed with Bergara , soleillas , mojicones , there are biscuits that are already the domain of Western cuisine such as muffins , the rolled sponge cake , gypsy arm , the plum cake , or the classic four quarters (4 eggs plus the same weight of sugar , butter and flour ), formula spread throughout Europeand that it was brought to Japan by Spanish missionaries in the 17th century