Nowadays the use of a computer to do a research and assist in the time of study is quite common. But have you ever thought about studying without using this tool? Well, there are students who do not use it as the main study method and this has many benefits.
Thinking about these students, we prepared tips and content full of information so that you can focus less in front of the screen and use historical learning methods, so to speak!
In times when the computer was something seen in science fiction films, the most popular method of study was still books and notes in notebooks. The notepad was not written by typing, it had strings tying its leaves and only the most modern ones had spirals.
In addition to wrist pain, the practice of writing as a form of study had many benefits. In fact, writing content is always a good choice, depending on the year we live in!
Our mind, like a machine, can access a whirlwind of information on a daily basis. And as much as your memory is that of an “elephant”, being able to fix all of this data in an orderly and accurate way, becomes a mega challenge.
To optimize this large amount of learning acquired in the study routine, organization is one of the positive characteristics in the practice of note taking. But practicing it is not limited to that, so we have selected other advantages of using a study notebook. Follow:
To know yourself: A study routine can be very stressful and even frustrating. Briefly reporting on some good or bad experiences is an incredible opportunity to better understand your behavior and emotions. Annotations can be reverted to improve your personal development.
Learning: One way to make knowledge always fresh in the mind is to practice notes, as we have already commented. This is because when we stop to read what was written down, that data will fix and become learning.
Objectives: Not only as an aid to thinking, the power of annotations is a big step towards making goals tangible. A scenario experienced by students is the large amount of content to study and making a schedule for the subjects can improve performance. Treat these notes like a tattoo, a persistent long-term mark.
Staying focused: The habit of putting together a study notebook helps with concentration when putting ideas on paper. When you write, you are automatically fixed on the formation of words and thoughts, this makes your attention 100% on this task.
Tips for your study notebook
The secret to learning and doing well in tests is not to study in large quantities, but to study with quality. Efficiency is the goal so as not to miss the pace of learning.
Highlighting this, we have prepared 5 tips that are scientifically proven to improve the study of those who practice note-taking:
- Organize your notebook:Choose a notebook with lines, make separations between the content or discipline and abuse the marking pens to highlight the main points. Thus, your learning diary will be dynamic, objective and with a colorful face.
- Use printed material:Search magazines, books, newspapers or even do a search on your PC (before turning it off) when starting your routine of creating new notes. Research will always be the gateway to knowledge, and being able to complement it in your text intensifies learning.
- Play as a teacher:Talk to friends and people around you to explain and teach what you have learned. Seeking curiosities on the subject is always a good start. This will help you remember what you have studied and will also bring other points to explore.
- Don’t become a robot:Rereading and rereading the content is not very efficient, the ideal would be to remember the subject. If you are suffering from this, review what prevents you from fixing the content and try to modify your study routine.
- Always vary the content:With the organization of your notebook well done, with the schedule completed and with the subjects up to date, learning is easy. Separate the different subjects by day or hourly, focus on just it and explore relevant research.
We remind you that the use of a small screen, whether it be a cell phone, tablet or a computer, can help a lot in the study. But it is undeniable that the oldest method, writing, improves and makes it possible to accelerate the academic future.
Browse our content on the subject and write down more tips to succeed in your study routine!