Strawberry is a very delicate fruit, but it provides the body with a large amount of nutrients, including vitamins C, A, B1 and B2 , potassium and calcium . Its consumption is recommended in case of liver and endocrine poisoning. In addition, its effectiveness is proven as a natural pain reliever to combat headaches.
Strawberry has been a key food in diets since ancient times. However, its health benefits were not discovered until the 13th century. The fact that it contains 1 milligram of salicylic acid per kilogram makes this fruit, to some extent, a “natural aspirin”, effective in fighting headaches . For all its properties, strawberries are a very appropriate product if you want to maintain a balanced and healthy diet. These are some of the most outstanding:
- Strawberries are rich in vitamins A, B1, B2 and C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that prevents the risk of cancer and complements the immune system.
- They are a natural source of calcium, key to bone formation and the prevention of diseases such as osteoporosis .
- Containing large amounts of potassium, strawberries strengthen muscles and the nervous system.
- This fruit is effective to combat constipationproblems , since they have laxative properties.
- Protect and tone the skin.
- They regulate liver, nerve and endocrine functions.
- They are the perfect allies to deal with obesity: they do not contain fats and their energy contribution is 34 calories per 100 grams.
- They have a sweet taste suitable for diabetics ,since this sweetness is due to levulose and not to sucrose.
- They also provide iron, phosphorus, magnesium and trace elements to the body.
- Due to its contribution of vitamins and mineralsalts , strawberries have the utility of detoxifying the body.