The German acronym SAP ( Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung ) is translated into Portuguese as Systems, Applications and Products for Data Processing .SAP is an ERP ( Enterprise Resources Planning ) type of Business Management software , created by a German company, called SAP AG.
The main objective of the SAP system is to integrate all departments of a company, providing customized solutions. These solutions provide practicality in production, fluency in internal communication and agility in solving daily management problems.
The SAP system modules
As a customized tool, SAP allows the customer (company) to adapt the system to their business model. Thus, SAP becomes accessible and personalized for each type of company and your business.
SAP works through pre-established modules. Each module is in charge of streamlining and managing a specific department of the company. However, it is up to the customer to choose all that are really necessary for their business model, since some modules are not applicable for the management of certain companies.
Each module is responsible for managing numerous business processes. Thus, for the SAP system to fulfill its greatest objective within the company, departments and modules need to integrate, depending on each other for the result of an effective operation.
Some modules of the SAP system are:
- SAP MM – Material Management : responsible for managing materials, inventory, etc;
- SAP SD – Sales and Distribution : responsible for the sales and distribution area;
- SAP FI – Financial Accounting : responsible for the financial area;
- SAP PP – Production Planning and Control : responsible for the production planning and control area;
- SAP HCM – Human Capital Management : responsible for the human capital area, that is, Human Resources;
- SAP CO – Controlling : provides solutions for company management;
- QM – Quality Management : is responsible for managing the company’s quality area.
The structure and functioning of the SAP system in a company
The SAP system is structured by the following steps: front-end , application , database and ABAP . Each of these layers has different responsibilities within the functioning of the system, one linked to the result of the other.
- Front-end : it is the one that displays to the user all process information on the screen;
- Application : is responsible for processing the data. After the data is processed in the application, the information is displayed on the front end;
- Database : is responsible for storing the data processed in the application ;
- ABAP ( Advanced Business Application Programming ): is the language used in SAP, created exclusively by the company SAP AG, and is responsible for monitoring the fluidity and layout of screens, responding to actions taken by users (such as the click).
The benefits of the SAP system for a company
The SAP system was created to bring solutions to companies. With this, its modules, structures and functioning aim to bring greater clarity, fluidity in the information processes and practical steps.
The biggest benefits that the SAP system brings are:
- Practicality: by gathering all information in a single system, SAP allows it to be possible to quickly search for any information, streamlining the work processes of the company and its employees;
- Production agility : by improving processes and eliminating unnecessary steps, the production of a company benefits from being able to produce the largest number of products in less time, with quality;
- Rapid diagnosis of failures : the system allows faults to be diagnosed in an agile way, allowing for quick and effective decision making and timely adjustments;
- Identification of possible risks : the system helps to map business risks through specific functions with quality information, reducing effective losses;
- Automation : helps eliminate completely manual processes, avoiding possible human failures in simple operations.
In which companies can the SAP system be implemented?
SAP was created to serve any type of business, that is: industry, commerce or services, in small, medium, or large companies.In the small ones, the SAP system eliminates large manual processes, which reduces the greatest number of human errors in small actions.In large companies, SAP helps to control processes, which often have major communication failures that generate poor management and large losses.