The resentment is one of the moods most studied psychology and philosophy. Nietzche has dedicated many passages to resentment . Resentment is also considered as one of the most damaging moods for individuals and for society.Resentment is feeling (re-feel), the anger that we lived in the past and that was caused by a person or situation.Those who feel resentment are resentful, because they have not been able to forgive.
The resentful person becomes distrustful, hostile, closed in on himself, melancholic and, sometimes, and aggressive.
Resentment Usually Occurs In Situations Such As :
- Lack of education or respect
- Aggression either physical or verbal.
HOW TO ELIMINATE RESENTMENT; 10 Steps
If I told you that eliminating resentment is an easy task, I would lie to you. It is a process, and like any process, it requires following some steps.
BECOME AWARE OF THE CAUSE OF RESENTMENT
The first thing you have to do is realize and recognize that you are experiencing resentment,.This is usually easy, because when you are feeling resentment you internally reiterate the cause of your disappointment.This awareness will make you separate for a moment from the emotion.
EXPRESS YOURSELF AND ASK
Whenever possible, ask what you want me to do to heal the pain (usually apologize, ask for forgiveness.If you think that person will not be open to listen to you. you can try to express yourself to him in writing.
EXAMPLES OF RESENTMENT; Recognize, Resentment In Sentences And Phrases
To summarize and make everything explained about the meaning of resentment easier , let’s look at some examples.Let’s suppose a child who suffered bullying from a classmate and we reviewed the sentences of his internal dialogue.This is very clear, the person was subject to loads, jokes, and even blows. Has been harmed by the actions of another person.
Analyze the phrases in the following inventory and see what you agree with.
- There is nothing wrong with talking badly about people that I do not like.
- No matter how hard I try, I do not get what I deserve.
- I know that people criticize me behind my back.
- There are people who put me in a bad mood just by looking at them or thinking about them.
- People who are too kind always look for something.
- When someone wants to send me, I act the other way around what he wants.
- There are things from my past that I can not forget.
- I think I have bad luck.
- Most people, they lie very easily.
- When I’m arguing, I tend to raise my voice.
- Lately I get in a bad mood easily.
- It bothers me when I see the nonsense that others do.
- I tend to think a lot about what bothers me or hurts me.
- If someone hurt me, I criticize it with other people to make it look bad.
- Many times, when I argue with someone, I remind them of what they have done wrong in the past.
- When a friend or relative fails me, I remind him that I have helped him, when he needed it.
- I can forgive someone who hurt me, but I will never forget what he did to me.
- Most people do better than me.
- It bursts me to make fun of me.
- There are a lot of people that I do not like, but I hide it.
If you agree with more than half of the sentences, you may be resentful of one or more people.