In today’s article we will talk about the properties and benefits of Omega 3 , something that we see lately in so many television commercials and that constantly advise us. We also see it in numerous supermarket products.
We call Omega 3 a set of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids that our body needs but cannot manufacture. For this reason we must ingest it, either through foods that include it, or through Omega 3 supplements.
Now, before knowing the benefits of Omega 3, let’s know its properties.
Properties of Omega 3
Before knowing the properties of Omega 3 fatty acids it is important that we know that we can find six different acids:
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Stearidonic Acid (SDA)
- Elcosatetraenoic acid (ETA)
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
- Docosapentaenoic Acid (DPA)
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
Regarding the properties of Omega 3, we can highlight the following:
- They serve as a means of transporting the different chemicals that cells need.
- In addition, they help maintain cellular health.
- They intervene in the maintenance of a healthy nervous system.
- They are anti-inflammatory acids, thanks to the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
- Improve oxygen metabolism.
- Accelerate muscle recovery.
- They have a vasodilator effect.
Benefits of Omega 3
Among the benefits of Omega 3 we can highlight the following:
- As we mentioned earlier, its anti-inflammatory properties help relieve the symptoms of diseases such as arthritis.
- They are vital for the proper functioning of our nervous system and, therefore, of our brain and our eyes.
- They help control blood clotting.
- Reduce blood triglyceride levels.
- In people with hypertension it helps reduce blood pressure.
- Thanks to its vasodilator effect they prevent the formation of thrombi in the blood vessels.
- They promote the proper functioning of the immune system.
- They can avoid some skin disorders, such as psoriasis.
- They can also reduce asthma symptoms and improve lung function.
- In addition, its consumption during pregnancy, whether it is included in the diet or consumed as capsules of omega 3, contributes to the normal development of the brain and eyes of the fetus.
Omega 3 supplements, a great alternative
Ideally, acquire the benefits of Omega 3 through foods that contain these essential fatty acids. But sometimes, either because it is not possible to include all these foods in our diet, or because we need a boost, an ideal and very practical solution are Omega 3 capsules.
Omega 3 capsules are supplements made with Omega 3. Like Omega 3+ from Bamboolabs .
Omega 3+ are Omega 3 capsules containing EPA and DHA obtained based on fish oil concentrated in a high content of these essential fatty acids. The format of this Omega 3 supplement is comfortable and practical and guarantees us to enjoy all the benefits of these necessary nutrients.