Panzanella is an Italian salad (special from the Tuscany region ) of tomato and bread; humble ingredients that radiate flavor. Fresh tomatoes, basil, red onion, the day before bread and a sour dressing and umami is all you need to enjoy this delicious and colorful salad! As in all simple recipes, panzanella only shines when fresh, high-quality ingredients are used.
[ hide ]
- 1 Ingredients:
- 2 Ingredients of the dressing
- 3 Preparation:
- 4 Note:
- 5 Sources
- 5 cups crispy Italian bread , cut into small slices
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 large tomato slices, cut into large pieces
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 cup of olives , pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar of red wine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Pour the bread in pieces with a splash of olive oil to dip it and spread it on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper .
- Toast until golden brown for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove from oven and let stand to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the olive oil , vinegar , lemon juice , parsley and salt .
- Incorporate the bread , the tomatoes, the onion , the olives and the basil .
Ingredients can be easily folded and there is no need to worry so much about quantities; just try to strike a good balance between bread , tomatoes, and basil , and make enough dressing to dip the bread .