Notebook . Notebook of different shapes and designs used with common uses in various activities.
[ hide ]
- 1 Definition
- 2 Sizes and pages
- 3 Types of notebooks according to paper
- 1 Other factors to consider
- 2 According to use
- 3 Types of virtual Notebooks to write by hand on your computer
- 3.1 Other names
- 4 Sources
Notebooks, notebooks and pads are the names commonly used in Spain to designate a set of papers joined by cardboard , glue or more commonly a wire spiral . Although usually associated with students, the notebooks are used in a myriad of settings: from the bartender who takes the order in a bar to the scientists who document his projects.
Sizes and pages
When buying a notebook, the most important factors to consider are size, number of pages and price. Most of the sizes that exist in the market are based on the DIN system. The base format is called DIN A0, which measures exactly one square meter. DIN A1 measures half as much as DIN A0, DIN A2 measures half as much as DIN A1, and so on. The so-called “folio size” is equivalent to DIN A4. This is the most common type of notebook, followed by the “pad” format, which is half the size of the page (ie DIN A5). Finally we have the “leaflet” model, which would be DIN A6. The first two are generally used in school settings, while the last is used for note taking in offices, restaurants, and other businesses. Keep in mind, however, that there are also notebooks that do not follow this system. Both the size and the number of sheets are determining factors when setting the price, with the rest of the factors being of less importance.
Types of notebooks according to paper
- In white : blank notebooks are probably the most elegant. They are generally intended for personal use, except in the case of artistic drawing, where you can find large pads that frequently include glossy paper.
- Grid: This is a paper divided into 4 x 4cm or 5 x 5cm grids, which in turn are subdivided into smaller grids. They are normally used in schools to draw functions and perform other mathematical exercises.
- Millimeter : Millimeter paper is made up of crossed lines with a space of one millimeter between them. Although sometimes used in school, they are generally used to draw advanced mathematical functions that require great precision.
- Striped: Striped paper is designed to write without straying from the line, so it is frequently used for note taking. There is also a double-stripe pattern where letters are to be written between two parallel lines. This model is used by children when they are learning to write.
Other factors to consider
- Some notebooks, especially those with a large number of sheets, may include a cardboard in the center that separates the notebook into two parts. In this way it is possible to take notes for two different subjects in an organized way.
- Sawn edge. If we want to separate a sheet of paper from the rest of the notebook, we usually have to tear it off by force, creating a sheet with irregularities on one side. However, there are models with serrated edges that allow us to separate the paper without having to tear it off, offering us a sheet without blemishes.
- Folder holes. Some notebooks include holes in their paper other than those used in the spiral wire. If we tear the sheet from the notebook, these holes allow us to easily incorporate it into a ring binder.
- Recycled paper. The recycled paper included in the notebooks can be of a highly variable quality. It can be found from light brown to white that is difficult to distinguish from conventional paper.
According to its use
There are different types of notebooks that according to their use can be the following:
- The address book:
it is a collection of address books or address lists. You can use the Address Book to search for and select names, email addresses, and distribution lists when directing messages. When you type a name in the To, Cc, or Bcc boxes (To, Cc, and Bcc boxes: Message that is sent to the recipients of the To box message. The recipients of the CC (with copy) and Bcc (with blind copy) boxes ) They also receive the message; however, the names of the recipients in the Bcc box are not visible to the other recipients.) of an email message, Microsoft OutlookAutomatically checks if the name matches one of the names in the Address Book. If it matches, the name is resolved, the Display Name and email address are filled in , and you are allowed to send the message. If it doesn’t match, the Check Names dialog box asks for more information; To create a contact, you can also click New Contact. If there is more than one name containing the written letters, you can select a name from the list.
In addition to using the Address Book to direct messages, you can search for names and other information, such as office locations and phone numbers; To do this, type the name in the Search for a contact box on the toolbar (toolbar: toolbar with buttons and options used to run commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT, and then SHIFT + F10.) Standard.
- A savings book
It is a current account provided by any financial institution, bank or box, but which contributes profits to the client, based on the deposited balance, determined by the creditor interest, higher than other accounts and enjoying this one, with better conditions. This article describes the main characteristics of this type of account and some representative examples. In this section, 4 examples of savings books are described, with the common characteristic of being entities that operate mainly online, without applying maintenance or administration fees to the client, without penalties for having the funds, or for making transfers or for have debit and credit cards, although with the following limitations depending on each entity:
- In the case of Ing Direct, the Orange Account offers new clients an interest of 3.30% the first 4 months, and then drops to 1.50% (conditions as of August 25, 2011).
- The Ibanesto Blue Account has very similar conditions, with a yield of 3.40% during the first 5 months, to subsequently remain at 1.30% (according to conditions as of August 25, 2011).
- In the case of Tubancaja, the Profitable Account offers a fixed interest of 2%, although it does not allow to domicile any type of payment in the account, but it does in the Total Account, also without commissions.
- And finally, Self Bank, offers its Paid Account at 1.6%, and the Super Paid Account at 2.1%, but direct debiting the payroll or monthly income greater than 600 euros (as of August 25, 2011), along with 2 receipts and 2 additional conditions proposed by the bank.
- The school notebook
It is totally sued by the Universities of Monterrey such as UDEM, ITESM and UANL. This type of agendas is highly requested by students to be able to organize their events in a fun and effective way, since it has sections for notes, telephones, equipment organization sheet and every day of the year to organize the most important things of those days .
School notebooks are highly useful for the academic performance of all students and it is also a surprising way to connect these students. School notebooks are made to organize students, as it is very true that today’s youth have an exaggeration of events in a single semester, such as: Symposiums, congresses, talks, parties, conferences and not to mention classes, tasks, jobs, etc.
It is very important that students have control of everything they do, that is why these types of notebooks are essential for the academic development of high school, professional and graduate students. School notebooks are in high demand in almost all the Universities of the country, since it is a fun and easy way to carry all your events in order.
The school notebook is highly effective, so that students organize themselves, because nowadays, numbers of people who study, who study professionally, need an agenda that allows them to schedule their activities, since all events are important and therefore it is It is extremely important to write them down and have a great organization.
Types of virtual notebooks to write by hand on your computer
Jarnal: It lives up to the concept of a notebook, as it imitates the lines of a classic notebook, which will help us write in a straight line. It has several types of stroke, pencil, pen and marker style, with different colors to choose from. It also has its own eraser and colored markers, perfect for highlighting phrases in a text. In principle, it only opens documents in its own JAJ format, although you can save it later in HTML , JPG or PDF .
Xournal: Very similar to Jarnal, it also imitates the style of a physical notebook, it allows you to write by hand and with the keyboard choosing between various colors .
NoteLab: If you don’t like the previous programs, it is a good choice, with full screen mode, various line thickness and colors to choose from, it also imitates the lines and grids of a notebook, and it has zoom. Open your own document format, in addition to Jarnal’s JAJ and PDF. It also exports to various image formats including PDF.