What is and how does microdermabrasion work?
It is an aesthetic treatment that seeks to improve the appearance of our skin, helps to rejuvenate thanks to the exfoliation made by micro crystals that remove impurities and deeper dead cells in the skin.
During the treatment, the micro crystals initially perform deep exfoliation, then a vacuum cleaner absorbs all those impurities.
There are two ways to make microdermabrasion, one way is with a diamond tip that goes through the entire skin.
Another way is by applying a high pressure stream with very tiny crystals on the surface of the skin. In this case, the crystals can be diamond, sodium chlorine or aluminum oxide.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Thanks to the deep exfoliation the skin will be brighter, more luminous and soft.
- It is an excellent and recommended technique to eliminate blackheads.
- Ideal to reduce wrinkles and expression lines and delay the appearance of new wrinkles.
- It helps reduce the size of the pores.
- It can improve the appearance of spots, scars and stretch marks.
- It improves the blood flow of the treated area.
- Because it improves facial circulation, it also activates lymphatic drainage.
- It is a highly recommended treatment for skin with acne, but it should not be used in cases of active acne.
- By increasing blood flow, more nutrients and oxygen are supplied to the cells, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, that is, our skin will be firmer and younger.
- Reduces negative effects such as aging, which has excessive sun exposure on the skin.
- The products you use in your beauty routine will have a better effect on your skin as they can penetrate deeper layers.
See More: Treatments and Equipment for Aesthetics.
In what cases is microdermabrasion recommended?
- For sensitive skin that wants to make a deep cleansing of their skin or wish to improve their appearance.
- In skins with acne since the treatment performs a very deep cleaning in the pores of the skin, preventing excess fat accumulation
- In general this treatment is suitable for any type of skin since it is not an aggressive or invasive treatment.
Contraindications of this Treatment
After treatment, the person may feel minimal discomfort such as a slight tingling of the skin or redness, however, it is not an aggressive treatment and should be painless.
Experts recommend first performing a test to identify that the skin is not allergic to crystals.
In some cases when the pressure is very strong, skin bruises may appear, so it is important for the patient to say whether he is comfortable or not.
In general terms it is a very safe treatment since it is not invasive, no medications, chemicals, or anesthesia are used during treatment.
It is important that the patient expresses if he feels pain or a lot of discomfort, generally the suction pressure during the treatment should start at a low level and increase according to the tolerance of the person.