HIFU , whose acronym stands for High Intensity Focused Ultrasound, is a non-invasive aesthetic treatment that offers results similar to those of a surgical facelift but without any of the complications it generates.
HIFU equipment emits high intensity focused ultrasound on the area to be treated, which generates thousands of microscopic coagulation points to promote the natural process of regeneration and healing of the skin.
It is these injuries that start healing them and the remodeling of the existing collagen (neochogenesis), essential steps for the skin to rejuvenate and repair.
From the first sessions noticeable changes in the tissue are perceived, and as the treatment progresses the tension, lifting and rejuvenation of the face is obtained.
A detail for nothing less to emphasize, is that with HIFU ultrasound a natural lifting effect is obtained, so that the factions of the person are not altered in the least and retain their original structure. Unlike the surgical stretch that leaves the face with an appearance that evidences the aesthetic intervention.
HIFU is Ideal to Apply in case of:
- People between 35 and 55 years, with mild to moderate sagging, as well as in younger people who want to delay the appearance of the first signs of age.
- Photo aged skin
- Expression lines
- Adiposity located in the dewlap area
- Blur in the facial oval
- Eyebrows and drooping cheeks
How are the sessions with HIFU
While a team emits High Intensity Focused Ultrasound can be scary, there is nothing to worry about.
The head of the device is passed over the area to be treated, so intense heat and tingling is experienced. In case the discomfort is intolerable for a person, the specialist uses topical sedation.
The region treated with HIFU may look somewhat reddened and inflamed, but this disappears within a few hours, generating no impediment to perform daily activities.
The changes in the skin are seen from the beginning, but it is only after 2 to 6 months that the desired lifting effect is perceived, since this is the time that the collagen takes to reshape.
Benefits of HIFU ultrasound compared to other treatments
- The results are natural and much more noticeable.
- It can be used on all skin types
- Tensioning and rejuvenation is obtained much faster than with radiofrequency
- It has the advantage of offering a permanent facelift, which is only altered by the normal aging process
- Only few sessions are required, which significantly reduces its cost compared to other treatments
- It does not generate alterations in daily life
- Replaces collagen and hyaluronic acid infiltrations
( Read Also: Latest Body Aesthetic Treatments )
In short, HIFU is one of the few body and facial aesthetic treatments that guarantees lasting and natural effects. Once the rejuvenation and tensioning is obtained, the duration of the same is linked to the natural aging process of the person and to the care he gives to his skin.