Everything you need to know about construction in Medieval Dynasty
In Medieval Dynasty, one of the main goals of the player is to build their settlement. To succeed, you need to know where and how to get certain resources, understand well what needs to be built in the first place, and what you can completely forget about. Without enough experience, it will be difficult to deal with this aspect of the game. This guide will help you save time and effort while learning one of the key mechanics of Medieval Dynasty.
Place to build
At the beginning of the game, you will be asked to build your first house, but you better do not rush with it. Before you start building a house, and later a whole settlement, think carefully about choosing a location. Be guided by the following criteria:
- Distance to the water. In the early stages of the game, rivers will only be needed to quench their thirst, but later they will become more valuable due to the resources located along the water. In order not to waste a huge amount of time on their extraction and transfer to the settlement, build up by the river from the very beginning.
- Local resources and animals. Run around the map and explore where the different resources and animals are. You will not be able to find a place where all kinds of resources and animals would be located, but you will surely find one where the most necessary and frequently used ones are located. In addition, you can also upgrade your character.
- Neighboring settlements. The game will not allow you to build anything too close to another village, but this does not mean that you should move away from the NPC. Start building your village near another settlement so that you can always trade, buy livestock, find a wife, or want to join your village. You will have to repeat these actions very often, since these are the main interactions with NPCs, without which you will not be able to develop, so the distance between you and your neighbors directly affects the speed of progress in the development of the settlement. The most priority village for the neighborhood will be Gostovia, since this is where the main quests are taken and the tax is paid.
- Place for construction. The settlement is best located on a flat meadow. If you build your settlement on uneven terrain, it will be very difficult to place large buildings and farm fields.
Below are some of the best places to build a village:
The building menu opens when you press the Q button. There are 3 categories in total. Crafting items, buildings and more.
Crafting items. Allows you to create the simplest tools without using any machine tools. Here you can create a wooden hammer used to construct all buildings.
Building. This category is further divided into 6 groups.
- At home –used by the player for sleeping and cooking. Required for NPCs to live in your village. There is a variation for 3 people, as well as two for 4. If you move a man and a woman into the house, then after a while they will have a child who also takes 1 place in the house. If you put a third person in the house with a man and a woman, then the child will not appear.
- Resources –buildings for resource extraction are located here. Unlike other buildings, structures from this category should be built not in the village, but in places where the corresponding resource is obtained. For example, to start the automatic extraction of logs and sticks, build a wood shed in the forest and use the population management menu to assign a resident of your village there. The dugout and mine work in the same way, but are built near the entrance to the cave.
- Repositories areused to store resources. Residents include the resources they have obtained here. There are 2 types of storage in total, each with 3 levels of storage capacity. In the storage of resources, people carry resources obtained from a wood barn, dugout, mine, barn and sheep pen, and food obtained through agriculture or hunting falls into the storage of food.
- Farming – Farmbuildings and animal pens are located here. Here are also the fields cultivated with the help of a barn. To build them, you do not need any resources, however, you will have to pay tax for each square of the field, and also work with a hoe. Later you can assign a worker to the fields, but in the first couples you will have to do everything yourself. All other buildings in this category are animal houses. To benefit from them, you must first buy an animal in another village, and then feed it and collect the resources it produces. This action can also be performed by another resident of your settlement.
- Survival – Thehunter’s hut and the fisherman’s hut are located here. The first structure must be built in the forest and immediately assign a resident there, who will hunt and collect forest resources. In addition, in the hunter’s hut, you will also be able to craft more sophisticated hunting tools. A fisherman’s hut works in a similar way, but only catches fish and must be built ashore. It can also produce fishing tools.
- Crafting –buildings from this category are needed to produce items that cannot be created from the quick menu, but only on the machines in the buildings themselves.
- Workshop – all simple tools are created here, as well as weapons from stone and wood.
- Forge – needed to create tools and weapons from iron.
- Sewing Workshop – Allows you to create threads, fabrics, and clothing.
- Tavern – allows you to cook more complex dishes from simple ingredients that restore much more energy.
The last category contains lamps and furniture, as well as traps for small animals and fish. Place them a short distance from the village and periodically place new ones, as they break after 3 captures.
The rest of the items are used only for decoration and interior lighting, so you can safely forget about them.
Most buildings use the same resources, but it’s hard for a new player to figure out what they look like and where to get them.
- Straw –is obtained from the reeds that grow on the banks. Large reeds can be found just outside the village of Gostovia. If you are built away from the river, then it is worth collecting as much straw as possible, since it is quite rare, and to build even one house you need about 100 units of this resource.
- Stones –are mined with a pickaxe in mines or deposits. Without a pickaxe, you can only pick them one at a time under trees or on the banks. In the early stages of the game, you only need this resource to create axes, so do not collect many stones.
- Logs –obtained by felling trees. Logs weigh a lot, so spend them on crafting or construction as soon as possible.
- Branches –fall out with logs, and also grow on bushes near trees.
Here are a few more tips to make your construction much easier:
- Strengthening walls –instead of some walls in the game, their more durable counterparts of the second and / or third level can be built. More resources are spent on higher quality walls. You can also upgrade walls that have already been built, however, this will already require the use of processed resources, such as limestone or plaster. It is best to build ordinary wicker walls, since all improvements are quite expensive and in this version of the game do not bring any benefit, since no one attacks the player’s settlements. Perhaps the situation will change in the next versions.
- New technologies –from the very beginning of the game, only a simple small house will be available for construction. To open the rest of the buildings, you need to complete tasks and gain construction experience .. To quickly pump your craft, build simple houses. There is a building limit in the game that will not allow you to build more than a certain number of buildings until you advance along the quest chain, but this limitation is easily bypassed by demolishing part of the house.
- Schemes – inorder to produce anything in buildings, you must purchase the recipe for this item in the technology menu. If you have not yet established production, then the start-up capital can be obtained by selling berries.
- Rare materials –below will be a map of all caves and clay deposits, but if you do not want to waste time mining resources, you can buy them from merchants in neighboring villages.
Resource card, red cross – clay, green cross – cave.
For now, that’s all that involves construction in Medieval Dynasty. Devote this process most of the game time, collect as many resources as possible, and then you will develop your village very quickly.