Turmeric is an herb. Turmeric contains many nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, protein, fiber, potassium, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium and zinc. Turmeric has antioxidant, antiviral, antiinflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Turmeric is very beneficial for our health. It is used in the treatment of many diseases.
Benefits of Turmeric –
- Turmeric has antiseptic and antibiotic properties. It can be used as an effective disinfectant. Turmeric is used to heal cuts, burns or wounds.
- The antioxidant properties present in turmeric helps prevent prostate cancer and destroy cancer cells.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties which is helpful in treating joint pain or arthritis.
- Turmeric helps reduce cholesterol levels.
- Turmeric is very beneficial for patients with diabetes. It helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Turmeric is helpful in preventing Alzheimer’s disease and slowing its progress.
- The fiber present in turmeric helps to overcome digestive problems. It is used in the case of indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and gas in the stomach.
- Turmeric has antiviral, antifungal and antibacterial properties that help strengthen the immune system. Having a strong immune system is less likely to cause colds, flu and cough.
- Turmeric is also used for headaches, bronchitis, colds, lung infections, leprosy, fever and menstrual problems.
- The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in turmeric prevents heart attack.
- Turmeric is used for the treatment of skin problems, liver problems and kidney problems.