Chickenpox is a viral infection. Chickenpox is caused by a virus called varicella-zoster. It spreads from one person to another very quickly. The disease can be spread through air or through contact with saliva, mucus or fluid from the blister of an infected person. Small pimples of red color appear on the body due to smallpox.
Symptoms of chicken pox
- Skin rashes or small red spots
- loss of appetite
- Muscle aches
Home remedies for smallpox –
- Baking soda helps in relieving itching and burning in patients with chicken pox. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and apply it on the affected part of the body.
- The anti bacterial properties present in honey is helpful in providing relief from itching. It also helps in curing blisters caused by smallpox. Apply honey on the affected area two to three times a day.
- Soup made of carrot and coriander leaves is extremely beneficial in the treatment of smallpox.
- Neem has antiviral property which helps in relieving itching and burning. Make a paste of neem leaves and apply this paste on the affected area. You can add neem leaves to the bath water.
- Boil 200 grams of green peas in water. After that filter out the water and make a green pea paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it for 1 hour.
- Oatmeal is one of the safest home remedies for the treatment of smallpox. Grind two cups of porridge and make powder. After that put oatmeal powder in two liters of lukewarm water and then soak in the bath water for 15 minutes.
- Put a piece of ginger powder or fresh ginger in the warm bath water and leave it for 20-30 minutes. After that take a bath with this water.
- Add a few drops sandalwood oil to one teaspoon of almond oil and apply it on the affected area. It helps in healing wounds and reducing scars.