Arthritis is caused due to increased amount of uric acid in the body. It can also be caused by genetics, excessive alcohol consumption, physical exercise, excessive protein intake and too much stress. In arthritis, there is intense joint pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of flexibility of joints. It can affect many body parts such as feet or toes, ankles, knees, wrists, fingers and elbows. Arthritis affects men more than women.
Home remedy for arthritis –
- The anti-inflammatory properties present in ginger root can be very helpful in relieving pain and inflammation. Mix half a teaspoon of dried ginger root powder in a cup of boiling water and drink it at least once a day.
- Lemon contains vitamin C which helps in relieving arthritis pain and reducing uric acid content. Mix half a lemon juice in a glass of water and drink it at least twice a day.
- Baking soda can be helpful in relieving pain and reducing uric acid content. Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it four times a day. But do not drink more than that in a day.
- In arthritis pain, massaging with olive oil provides relief.
- The patient suffering from arthritis should eat an apple daily. The malic acid present in apple can help in joint pain and reduce uric acid content.
- Apple cider vinegar helps relieve acute joint pain. Mix one spoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and consume it two to three times a day.
- Massaging with castor oil relieves joint pain.
- The antioxidant properties present in cherries can be very helpful in treating arthritis. Cherries can also reduce uric acid.
- One or two bananas should be consumed daily. The potassium present in bananas can be very helpful in treating arthritis.
- Magnesium present in rock salt helps in treating arthritis. Put two cups of rock salt in the warm water of the bath and leave it for some time after bathing with that water. Repeat this process at least once a week.