Coriander is very beneficial for our health. Coriander powder is used as a spice and coriander leaves are used as sauce, salads, soups or as decoration for dishes. It contains many nutrients such as vitamin B, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium, iron, antioxidants, magnesium, manganese and calcium.
benefits of coriander –
- The acids present in coriander such as linoleic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid and ascorbic acid are very effective in reducing blood cholesterol levels. Coriander helps reduce bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels.
- Coriander is a very good source of calcium which helps in maintaining strong bones.
- Iron present in coriander helps patients suffering from anemia.
- Coriander is extremely beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. It lowers blood sugar levels.
- The high beta-carotene and antioxidant content in coriander helps to relieve eye problems. It reduces redness, itching and swelling in the eyes.
- Coriander contains antioxidants, minerals and vitamins that help strengthen the body’s immune system against infection.
- Coriander provides protection against urinary tract infections.
- Coriander helps prevent diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and other stomach disorders.
- Coriander helps in the treatment of skin diseases. The antiseptic, antifungal and antioxidant properties present in it are quite effective for treating various skin diseases like eczema, dryness, skin itching, rashes, inflammation and fungal infections. It also helps in treating wounds and ulcers in the mouth.
- Coriander helps to overcome menstrual problems in women. It regulates the menstrual cycle and reduces pain during menstruation.