Honestly, what is more beautiful than love? Love makes the world go round!
The simple fact of knowing that you have a partner by your side who supports you and accepts you as you are is your reason for living.
It gives you the strength to fight to make your romantic relationship work. It gives you a reason to get up in the morning.
And, that love is the source of all your energy and joy. A love proverb should therefore reflect the feelings that animate your soul.
When you read a love saying, you should feel like it is addressed directly to you or that it perfectly represents how you feel about your partner.
So he should make you smile. But, unfortunately, not all romantic relationships are idyllic, so of course some love sayings can be steeped in sadness and perhaps even regret.
Today I prepared a list of 50 love quotes for you to say “I love you” to your other half. Even if the feelings you have for him or her are not shared, you can still share how you feel.
No matter what kind of relationship you have with the person you love, you will find in the list below the love proverb that suits you.
Romantic love proverbs
You are mad / madly in love and you want to tell your partner that he or she has a special place in your heart.
You might even want to say “I love you” to her for the first time. This list of love proverbs will help you find your inspiration.
These quotes are a reflection of the deep emotions that bind two partners who are in a sincere and deep loving relationship.
- To love is not to look at each other, it is to look together in the same direction. – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Love places its happiness in the happiness of others.
- Love is blind. Love must blind! It has its own dazzling light. – Daniel Pennac
- Love is that wonderful chance that another still loves you when you can no longer love yourself. – Jean Guéhenno
- I have always been told that silence has no noise but when you are in love, silence has the noise of the one you love.
- Like the water that flows in a river to feed the sea, your love flows through my veins and feeds my heart.
- My love, It all started when our eyes met. You spilled my heart, you capsized it. A wind of love made me lose my mind, Our story was born …
- Your love is a comfort, your presence an enchantment. If you didn’t exist, I wouldn’t be here anymore. I love you my dear.
- Happiness is having these three intangible things: love, friendship, spirituality… That all the gold in the world can never buy. – Catherine Rambert
- I love you madly and I say it to you, and I repeat it to you, and my words express it to you, and my kisses prove it to you, and when I have finished… I start again. I would like to do it again for eternity and every evening I regret the night that will pass without you and every morning I want the sun to shine, like today, when you are not in my arms. – Victor Hugo
Love proverbs especially for her
If you want to be a little more personal in your declaration of love. Here is a list of 10 love quotes exclusively reserved for your sweetheart.
These love proverbs highlight the irrefutable qualities of your partner and the extent of your feelings for her.
After all, women are the fair sex. They bring a touch of madness and lightness to their romantic relationship.
- A heavenly fragrance emanates from the woman we love, it is no longer air, it is love that we breathe. – Alphonse Karr
- If I had the choice between life and you I would choose you because you are my only reason for living.
- Beauty flees with age, flowers wither, vegetation withers, breathing stops, life ends, but the love I feel for you will never disappear.
- If love were a segment, my love for her would be a straight line. – Jonathan Bessa
- Before you I was nothing, without you I am nothing. With you I feel myself living but without you living is no longer possible. Stay with me for life, I love you!
- I want to hold you, talk to you, put my arms around you, cover you and burn you with my caresses. To see you grow pale and red under my kisses, to feel you shiver in my conflagrations, it is life, full, whole, true life, it is the ray of sunshine, it is the ray of paradise! O my angel, how beautiful you are, come let my mouth place and pick on yours this word which is the sweetest of kisses: I love you! – Victor Hugo
- You whom I love, love of my life, my oxygen, I send you a kiss on your sweet kitty, without embarrassment. Maxalexis
- When you look at me and smile at me, it’s as if a ray of sunshine pierced my heart!
- I wanted the whole world to know how wonderfully, unbelievably, unimaginably beautiful you were. Show you to the universe, the time of a flash, then lock me up with you, alone, and watch you for eternity. – Marquis de Sade
- You are the light of my heart, buried deep within me. And there, I promise you that you will stay there forever.
Love proverbs exclusively for him
Contrary to popular belief, men also like to hear soft words, even if they are not very comfortable when it comes to talking about their feelings.
They love to hear “I love you” and they love to know that their partner is supporting them no matter what.
Considered as the stronger sex, the male sex also needs to be reassured about the feelings that their partner experiences. Here are 10 love quotes that will help you strengthen your bond.
- I send you a boat of kisses, carried by a sea of caress, pushed by a wind of tenderness and you, what are you sending me?
- What is a second in a life? Nothing ! But, a second without you is already too much and a whole life with you is not enough.
- It is by our affection for our neighbor that we can judge the truth and sincerity of our true love for him. – Daniel Gagnon
- I am sending you a bouquet composed of kisses, caresses and tenderness, much more than flowers. – Juliette Drouet
- Pure happiness is being with someone who loves you, who makes you smile, with whom you feel good and with whom boredom does not exist.
- I love you a thousand and a thousand times better than we have ever loved. – Éléonore de Sabran
- Your heart keeps me prisoner, but I do not want to be delivered from it, because to know that you love me is worth more than anything for me.
- I am in love with your smile. I am in love with your voice. Every time I see you, my heart rejoices. I’m in love with your laughter. I am in love with your personality. I am in love with your individuality. I am in love with what you are.
- And, like every day, I love you more. Today more than yesterday and much less than tomorrow. – Rosemonde Gérard
- Your sweet smile is happiness, your tender gaze is happiness, your charming voice is happiness… Everything about you makes me happy.
Love proverbs filled with melancholy and sorrow
Unfortunately, romantic relationships aren’t always perfect. Sometimes, despite the efforts of both partners, the couple begins to take water.
The following 10 quotes will allow you to share your feelings even if your romantic relationship is tinged with melancholy, sadness or bitterness.
Sometimes it’s just a passage and the emotions that continue to hold you together help you overcome this obstacle. Sometimes it’s the beginning of the end!
- Disappointment never comes from others, it is only the reflection of our errors of judgment.
- We are often deceived in love, often hurt and often unhappy… But, we love. – Alfred de Musset
- Love… God, how ridiculous it is not to rhyme with “always”, that light feeling that leaves the heart so heavy. – JK Pivard
- In love, there is only the first misstep that costs. – Albert Willemetz
- I miss your smile… But, I miss mine even more.
- I love you. Oh ! This sound of water which weeps, which sobs like a farewell. You will leave me later: it looks like it’s raining in your eyes. – Francis Carco
- What makes people unhappy in love is less not to be loved when we love, than to be loved again when we no longer love. – Alexandre Dumas
- We are unhappy people, you and me. We are out of this world. I’m not asking you to love me. But what binds me to you is even stronger than love. – Georges Bernanos
- Even when it is unhappy, love is not a misfortune: the soul is purified and rises when it gives itself and when it suffers. – Eugene Marbeau
- Never cry for anyone in your life, because those for whom you cry do not deserve your tears and those who do, would never let you cry.
Love proverbs when feelings are one way
One-sided love is perhaps the most painful thing you are going to have to overcome in your life. You love him or her but your partner doesn’t feel the same for you.
Sometimes, with patience and communication, you can win her heart. But, very often, this kind of love story remains in the imagination.
Still, you need to express how you feel. You need to put words to your heartache. Here are 10 quotes that will allow you to put your love and your suffering in black and white.
- One of the biggest pains is loving someone you can’t have.
42 . The feeling of not being loved is the greatest poverty. – Mother Teresa
- There is nothing stronger than love but there is nothing that hurts so much.
- Life is too short to waste it chasing an impossible love. – Henri-Frédéric Amiel
- I hope that one day my dreams will come true and that I will wake up beside you. I love you so much…
- We are never so poorly protected against suffering as when we love.
- There is no unhappy love: we only have what we do not have. There is no happy love: what we have, we no longer have. – Marguerite Yourcenar
- He who loves for the first time, even though he is unhappy, is a god; but he who loves for the second time with a love that is still unhappy, that one is a fool. – Heinrich Heine
- When you don’t have what you love, you have to love what you don’t have. – Maurice Maeterlinck
- Love is the generosity of the heart, it does not know physical appearance or money, it is the fact of thinking of someone despite the distance, what hurts the most is lies and false hopes.