Lettuces form the genus Lactuca and belong to the Asteraceae (Compound) family, which encompasses more than 1,000 genera and 20,000 species, of which very few are cultivated. This family, whose current name derives from the Greek Aster (star), is characterized because its flowers are made up of the fusion of hundreds and even thousands of tiny flowers. Within the Asteráceas there are many types of vegetables of diverse species: leaf [[chicory, lettuce , endive , endive , flower artichokeor stem (thistle). The scientific term Lactuca Sativa also includes small stem buds and lettuces that form a head similar to that of cabbage. be rich in protein.
[ hide ]
- 1 Cream of lettuce
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation
- 2 Sources
- ¼ lettuce
- 1 potato
- 2 glasses natural vegetable broth
- 2 walnuts butter
- 1 egg
- ½ glass cream for cooking
- First we wash and chop the lettuce and the very fine potato.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the lettuce and potato for a couple of minutes. After this time, add the broth, the cream and season to taste. Leave the saucepan over medium heat until it boils.
- Once it boils, lower the heat, cover the casserole and cook for 15 minutes. Then we add the whole egg without stopping stirring, until it dissolves in the cream.
- We remove the cream from the fire and serve hot or warm.