Lemon juice has incredible health properties and includes benefits for poor digestion, constipation, dental problems, fever, rheumatism, burns, obesity and high blood pressure.This juice is even used for hair and skin care.Known for its therapeutic properties for generations, lemons help strengthen the immune system, purify your stomach, and is considered a blood purifier.
Lemon juice has many nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin A, vitamin E, folic acid, thiamine niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and protein.Helps prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, digestive disorders and many other problems, as well as improving the skin, hair and teeth.
Studies conducted at the American Urological Association show that lemonade or lemon juice can eliminate the occurrence of kidney stones forming urinary citrate, which prevents the formation of crystals.
The 17 therapeutic properties of lemon juice
- Indigestion and constipation: lemon juice helps treat problems related to digestion and constipation . Add a few drops of lemon to your dishes (be careful, it is not good with milk), it will help in case of difficult digestion.
- Blood purifier: it is good drink after meals, especially when freshly squeezed. The recipe is very simple and includes: lemon juice , cold water, salt or honey for sweetness. You can also add some crushed mint leaves or fennel seeds to flavor it.
- Useful in case of flu or cold: Lemon juice can be useful for a person suffering from cold, flu. It also helps to lower high fever, allowing the body to breathe more easily.
- Relieves toothache and bad breath:fresh lemon juice can be applied to the surface of the teeth to relieve pain. Massaging the juice on the gums can stop the bleeding and consequently eliminate the bad breath that can come from diseases that affect the gums.
- It is used in cleaning teeth:you can add a drop of lemon juice on your toothpaste or like some people even rub your teeth with the rind of a lemon after squeezing it. But be careful, you still need to pay attention because lemons are highly acidic, so if your mouth starts to burn, immediately rinse your mouth and particularly your gums.
- Natural hair remedy:lemon juice has shown great potential in treating hair in many trials. The juice, if applied to the scalp, can easily eliminate stubborn dandruff, reduce hair loss. And if applied directly to the hair, it is able to give a natural shine.
- Skin care: Lemon juice has a positive effect on the skin in case of acne and eczema . Thanks to its anti-aging action and can help remove wrinkles and blackheads. Drinking lemon juice mixed with water and honey brings a healthy glow to the skin. While for some time the cosmetics industry has produced soaps containing lemon juice, even if they are not easy to find.
- Effective in the event of sunburn:using lemon juice on old burns can help fade scars, and since the lemon is a cooling agent, it can reduce the burning sensation on the skin when you currently have a irritating burn.
- Helps stop bleeding:It has antiseptic and coagulant properties, and there are even those who say that it is able to stop internal bleeding. You can apply lemon juice on a small cotton ball to stop bleeding from the nose.
- Weight loss: if a person drinks lemon juice mixed with warm water and honey, it can help reduce the sense of hunger, thus becoming very useful in different diets.
- Counteracts respiratory disorders such as asthma: helps relieve respiratory problems and is particularly useful for a person suffering from asthma attacks. Being a rich source of vitamin C, it helps in dealing with longer term respiratory disorders.
- Purifies and relaxes: Lemon is a very useful aromatic and antiseptic agent. Add some lemon juice and heat the water, dip the feet in the mixture for immediate relief and muscle relaxation.
- It acts on rheumatism:this juice is also a diuretic capable of giving benefits in case of rheumatism and arthritis . Lemon can purify the body of bacteria and toxins.
- Softens calluses:Lemon juice can dissolve the lumps of the skin, so that it can be applied in places where it is hardened, such as the soles of the feet and the palms of the hands. Drinking lemon juice with water can help reduce gallstones for the same reasons.
- Protects the throat from infections: Lemon is an excellent fruit that fights problems related to throat infections, thanks to its well-known antibacterial properties.
- Lowers high blood pressure: drinking lemon juice is useful for people who suffer from heart problems because it contains potassium .
- Check high blood pressure, dizziness and nausea: because it provides a relaxing feeling for the mind and body. It is commonly used to reduce mental stress and depression. Lemon: Lemon has proven to be a boon of nature to everyone who uses it. It provides many viable solutions to health problems because it contains its own set of antiseptic and natural drugs. In the case of malaria, lemon does not cure, but helps in the treatment. A good practice is to eat anywhere from a quarter to a half of a lemon a day to get the maximum benefits from this powerful little fruit!
How to make lemon juice
People use lemons to make lemonade by mixing lemon juice and water. Many people also use lemon as a washing agent, due to its ability to remove stains. The scent of lemons can also repel mosquitoes, drinking lemon juice with olive oil helps get rid of gallstones. Lemon is well known for its medicinal power and is used in many different ways. As per the results reported in a study by Annals of rheumatic diseases, lemon provides protection against inflammatory polyarthritis and arthritis.