The Kousmine Method was introduced by Dr. Catherine Kousmine (1904-1992). The Kousmine method is a nutritional methodology which aims to rebalance the biochemical functions of the body, through a healthy diet.
What is the kousmin diet?
The diet she recommends is rich in grains, raw foods and essential fatty acids , and has thousands of loyal health-conscious people around the world.
The basis of its nutritional approach is the use of whole, organic grains, fresh fruits and green vegetables, legumes and especially cold pressed oils, rich in unsaturated fatty acids (vitamin F), which provide antioxidant protection. to cell membranes. There is also a significant reduction in animal protein and the integration of vitamins and trace elements that food alone cannot guarantee in sufficient quantity. Refined foods, sugar, processed industrial products, stored and handled chemically, must be completely removed from the diet.
Breakfast in the morning should be rich enough to provide many nutrients, and to this end, Dr. Kousmine proposed yogurt with Budwig cream, fresh cereals, oilseeds, fruit, and pressed sunflower oil. Cold. This breakfast provides energy and nutrients to start the day. If you change your lifestyle according to these rules, your immune system will also be strengthened in order to cope well with the rebalancing process of common degenerative diseases promoting their prevention.
The intestine is assisted by enemas and the rectal introduction of cold pressed oils. Finally, acidification of the body must be combated by an alkalizing diet or by the oral intake of alkaline mineral citrates.
Below I indicate the recommended foods and those to be reduced or avoided.
- Whole grains
- cold-pressed oils, particularly rich in unsaturated fatty acids,
- Vitamins E and F
- fresh, seasonal, organic, non-irradiated products.
Kousmine method: foods to avoid
They are (unfortunately) quite numerous:
- No preserves. We prefer fresh and organic foods, if possible in season.
- Little salt. The daily requirement is 1000 mg per person. Banish table salt, to replace with spices , whole salt or seaweed powder.
- No white sugar. Replace with whole sugar.
- No sweets, chocolates, confectionery. Replace with dried fruit (fig, grape, banana, apricot, apple, peach, pear, date …).
- No industrial fruit juices, sodas, sugary drinks.
- No alcohol, no tobacco.
- No coffee, no tea. The exciting and acidifying substances eventually deplete the adrenal glands and the pancreas.
- Little butter. 10 to 30 grams per day per person are tolerated. And we say “no” to margarine !
- No white bread. Poor in vitamins B and E as well as in fibers good for the transit, it is not essential for the organism. We favor organic wholemeal bread (if it is not organic, it may contain pesticides).
What the method is based on:
The Kousmine method is particularly indicated for its efficacy in the treatment of some neurodegenerative diseases such as multiple sclerosis, in autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus and in diseases of a tumoral nature.
- Healthy nutrition
The profound changes in eating behavior in the post-war period represent a dangerous conca use in the increase of numerous chronic degenerative diseases. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables, cold-pressed oils, rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids, vitamins and trace elements have disappeared from the table, while the consumption of refined sugars and starchy foods, proteins and fats of animal origin has grown enormously. The objective is therefore to re-establish a correct diet.
- Nutritional supplements
Wrong nutritional behavior can lead to a condition of deficiency of essential micronutrients for maintaining health. For this reason it is advisable to take nutritional supplements based on essential fatty acids, vitamins and trace elements.
- Intestinal hygiene
The alterations of the intestinal flora consequent to food errors lead to dysbiosis phenomena, which derive from phenomena of putrefaction responsible for negative effects on the entire organism. In the presence of chronic degenerative pathologies the simple correction of eating habits is not enough, but care must also be taken with enteroclisms.
- Acidification correction
The current diet is often based on an excessive intake of animal proteins, responsible for a condition of progressive acidification of tissues that predisposes to numerous diseases such as osteoporosis, recurrent infections, nervousness, insomnia.
The tools to re-establish a state of acid-base balance essentially include healthy eating, adequate hydration, the practice of regular movement in a suitable environment, control and minimization of stress conditions, reduction or elimination of acids .