The acronym HRM stands for Human Resource Management. Within a company, HR is the department that has the responsibility of selection, hiring, training, remuneration, training and establishment of all communication concerning the employees of the organization.HR Management is an area of study that enables trained professionals to manage people and deal with all issues related to the management of a company.
The HR professional is in charge of managing career plans; determine wage policy, remuneration, incentives and benefits; evaluate the need to hire new employees; develop strategies and operational plans for recruitment.
The main objectives of Human Resources Management are:
- Create, maintain and develop a group of people with sufficient skills, motivation and satisfaction to achieve the objectives of the organization.
- Establish, preserve and treasure organizational conditions that allow the application, development and full satisfaction of people and the achievement of individual objectives.
- Achieve efficiency and effectiveness with available human resources.
- Increased competition and therefore the need to be competitive.
- The costs and advantages related to the use of human resources.
- The productivity crisis
- The increase in the pace and complexity of social, cultural, normative, demographic and educational changes.
- Symptoms of alterations in the functioning of workplaces.
- The trends for the next decade.
Objectives of Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management performs integral management in different functions from the beginning to the end of a working relationship such as:
- Recruit and select the staff with the selected profile
- Train and train
- Evaluate work performance
- Describe the responsibilities that define each position in the organization
- Develop programs, workshops, courses, etc., and any other programs that match the growth and improvement of staff discernment.
- Promote leadership development
- Offer psychological assistance to employees in order to maintain a harmonious environment among all.
- Solve conflicts and problems that are provoked in the personnel
- Inform employees either through newsletters, meetings, memorandums or via emails, human resources policies and procedures.
- Supervise the administration of the test programs
- Develop a personal framework based on competences
- Endorse the variety of jobs as a way or way for a company to succeed in different markets.
There are three types of implicit objectives related to human resources: improvement of productivity, improvement of the quality of life at work and compliance with regulations.
- Quality of life at work
- Compliance with regulations
- Long-term goals.