Telegram has many functions, but one of the most interesting is the possibility of sending messages that self-destruct , in such a way that we can have secret conversations or the need for our messages or images to be automatically removed from the chat itself.
We recently talked about Telegram , the instant messaging app that a few days ago received a large number of new users, Telegram is an app that has many additional functions and with which we can make it our default messaging app, leaving aside the current king, WhatsApp.
Who “spies” on you the most? WhatsApp, Telegram or Signal?
We know that WhatsApp added the function to activate the messages that self-destruct , this Telegram function has been with it for years, so in terms of functionality it beats it a lot.
The trick for your messages to self-destruct in Telegram is that we have to create a secret chat with the right person, to do this, follow all the steps that you will see below:
- To create a secret chat you can do it in two ways, one of them will be directly by pressing the new chat button in which “New secret chat” will appear and then choosing the desired person.
- Another way to create a secret chat is to do it from the same contact , that is, if, for example, you are talking to someone and want to start a secret chat because you are going to send them some credentials or a bank account, you just have to press in your profile.
- Now you must click on the 3 dots.
- Then look for the option “Start secret chat” , it will automatically create a secret chat with that contact.
- From that moment you will create a new chat in which all the content will be secret, screenshots cannot be taken and the messages will be filtered end-to-end.
- For our messages to self-destruct we will have to set them a certain duration, for this we will have to click on the dots that we will have in the upper left part of the secret chat.
- We will click on the option “Configure self-destruction”.
- As you can see in the image, despite using third-party applications to take a screenshot, all the important content appears black so that no details can be filtered.
- Now you must select the duration you want for the messages from 1 second to 1 week.
From this moment on, all messages sent within that chat will be deleted after the time established in the previous step has elapsed.
Like messages that self-destruct and that we can only send within a secret chat , we can send images that self-destruct after opening them with a peculiarity, we can do it in any chat without the need for it to be a secret chat, we show you how:
- In any chat, click on an image to send.
- Now you will see an icon of a stopwatch at the bottom of the image editor .
- When you press it, the time that you can indicate for the image to disappear will appear.
- From this moment on, the image will appear with a blurred thumbnail and a flame icon.
- Your contact will be able to see it for the time you have indicated and also the photo will be deleted with a message that will say “The photo has expired.”
You can do this trick and many more from Telegram while you use the app, it is also one of the great advantages that this app has, the large number of tricks and functions that differentiate it from the others.
Now you know how we can send messages and images that self-destruct in Telegram , thanks to these tricks, Telegram is one of the best instant messaging applications of the moment.