Next, we will see how to remove and uninstall Kaspersky completely without leaving a trace on our computer. Every time we install a new antivirus, it is very important that we completely remove the old one.
Antivirus is extremely important on our computers. So we must always have one installed, although it may happen that you install one to test how it works and it does not convince you. In that case, it’s time to uninstall it and try another.
But when uninstalling it from the same Windows options, we find that traces of the program remain in the system registry. Something that we do not want and that is very easy to avoid.
Therefore, we are going to see how to completely remove and uninstall Kaspersky from your computer without leaving any traces. The tutorial to achieve this is quite simple and you will quickly appreciate that in a few steps you will no longer have to worry about whether the antivirus left some kind of trace.
Follow this step-by-step guide and in a short time you will have this antivirus completely uninstalled so that you can try other alternatives that may be better optimized or that work much better on your computer.
How to remove Kaspersky completely in Windows
When uninstalling programs from our computer, in many cases traces of it remain in the Windows registry. In the case of an antivirus like Kaspersky, the ideal is that you eliminate any kind of trace of it.
For this we are going to use a tool called KAVREMOVER which is used to permanently eliminate any kind of trace that will remain from the antivirus on our computer. The ideal way to use it correctly is to start the computer in safe mode, once the process is done, then you will have Kaspersky completely uninstalled.
But how do we use KAVREMOVER ? We are going to see a simple tutorial so that in a few steps you know exactly how you should use it and in this way remove the antivirus from your system completely.
How to uninstall Kaspersky without a trace in Windows 10
- As we have mentioned, we must start the computer in safe mode and for this we will have to press ” Start ” and then we will go to ” Settings “.
- After this we will have to search for ” Update and security ” and then we will have to click on “Recovery”.
- Now click on ” Advanced Startup ” and then restart the computer.
- Once the computer starts, we will have to choose Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings and restart again.
- After restarting the computer for the second time, we can see that a new menu appears where we can choose ” Enable safe mode .”
- Now we can run the Kaspersky program to completely remove the antivirus from our operating system. When we do it, it generally automatically detects the version we have installed.
- In case it doesn’t, you will simply have to choose it from the drop-down menu. After choosing the version, we can click on ” Remove ” to start the uninstallation process.
How to uninstall Kaspersky in Windows 7 without a trace
We will have to restart the computer and when it is starting up we will have to press the F8 key several times until a menu appears with a wide variety of options.
Among all these options the one that interests us is the one that says “Safe mode” press enter to start the PC in said mode. The desktop will look pretty weird, ignore it and run the uninstall program Kaspersky.
Once executed, it should detect the version you have installed. If not, you will have to select it and then press “Remove” to start the process that should not take long.