Assetto Corsa Competizione is a racing simulator from Italian developer Kunos Simulazioni and video game publisher 505 Games. The game was announced on February 21, 2018, and after numerous improvements, on May 29, 2019, the game was finally released.
The simulator is an officially licensed game of the Blancpain GT Series (GT3) and Total 24 Hours of Spa championships. The gameplay itself features the 2018 Blancpain GT Series Championship. In the future, will include the 2019 season as a free add-on. On the technical side, the developers used the Unreal Engine 4 to render the graphics and animations of weather, races at night as realistic as possible, and motion capture technology was used for accuracy. In addition, improved tire aerodynamics and behavior model provides a fully immersive racing simulation.
The publishers are planning to develop the game for esports. With cutting-edge technology and meticulous attention to detail, riders can find themselves in the heart of the GT3 championship behind the wheel of prestigious race cars.
Multiplayer and Single Player modes
Assetto Corsa Competizione has an advanced ranking system that evaluates individual performance and driving behavior, rewards the most conscientious drivers and fair play in online competitions. Thus, an effective matchmaking system allows riders to compete against rivals of the same skill level, including online. In these modes, you can view the leaderboards and compare performance on one lap with riders from around the world on the same car, track and under the same weather conditions.
Championship and Career Modes
Assetto Corsa Competizione includes a brand new Career Mode, developed in collaboration with Lamborghini Squadra Corse and Official Racer Mirko Bortolotti – Champion of the Blancpain GT Series 2017. When creating a new Career, Mirco Bortolotti will introduce you to your first driving lessons and give you valuable tips to help you start your adventure in the Blancpain GT series. This mode allows you to create your own racing team to complete the karts with an amazing level of realism, and also helps to achieve the main goal of any professional racer – to win. Championship Mode virtually reproduces the season of the Blancpain GT series, where you play as one of the official riders.
Tips for beginner riders
- Disable the “Brake temperature” option. In the Realism settings menu, before the race, you will see the option to simulate Brake Temperature. For a novice rider, it’s best to disable this option. This way, your brakes will always work at full power, and you don’t have to worry about warming them up before use, and you don’t have to worry about overheating them.
- Add additional controls in the settings one at a timeto fully immerse yourself in the race, while you will understand how these settings affect the lap time.
- Use the outside-inside-outside scheme.Strict adherence to the boundaries of the race track is imperative in order to show an excellent result in time. In order to stay smooth when cornering, you should not accelerate to full power on straight sections and fly into a corner at the last second. The Assetto Corsa Competizione mimics the grip of a tire and a suspension, so it is very important to avoid sudden wheel movements. The golden rule of thumb for most turns is to approach the outer edge of the track, pull up inward as you pass the center of the turn, and then carefully return to the outer edge. You should practice this approach with every car you will drive and on every race track, and at a speed 2 times lower than your maximum speed. This will help keep you fluid and remember the specific features of each turn.
- Examine the section on aerodynamics and rear wing height in your car settings. The rear wing can be set between 0 and 20. The higher the value, the stronger the attraction to the rear of the car. Correct setting of this value improves vehicle stability at high speeds, which is especially important for the most powerful sports cars.
- Keep track of your progress. Recording your time results is a great motivation tool that helps you track your progress in different weather conditions and on different cars. Your natural driving style may be better suited to certain types of vehicles. It is also worth adding a few notes regarding the settings for each lap time, which will allow you to see how changing one or another setting affects the results.
In this post, we’ve covered the Assetto Corsa Competizione modes and shared tips and tricks with you to help you master the race early in the game. We hope this material was useful to you. Good luck in the game and new records!