We tell you all the options at your fingertips to find out the PIN of your mobile SIM card
Below we will tell you how to know the PIN of your mobile SIM card through all the options at your fingertips if, for one reason or another, you stop remembering the PIN or have lost it . Thus, if you have forgotten the PIN, you will not be able to access the mobile ; And if you manage to set a password remotely for access, without the PIN you won’t be able to use call or data functions. On the other hand, if you misspell your PIN several times , the SIM will be blocked, so you will have to resort to the PUK . With so many different data and situations, it is best to review the basic concepts of the SIM card PIN and the possibilities at your fingertips to recover it.
How to know the SIM PIN
Index of contents
- How to put a new PIN with the PUK
- How to get your PUK code
- If you do not have the PUK, contact your operator
- Contact of the main operators in Spain
How to put a new PIN with the PUK
When you receive your PIN code when you obtain the mobile phone or the operator card with which you will use your smartphone , the so-called 8-digit PUK code is also delivered , necessary to unlock the SIM in the case of entering the PIN code incorrectly up to three times . It is not a number that you use on a regular basis, but rather an emergency code in case your SIM is blocked, in order to unlock it.
To use the PUK code you have to open the calling application and write the code ** 05 * PUK * NewPIN * NewPIN # , and then press the call button. For example, if you have the PUK code 12345678 and you want to set the PIN 1234 , you will have to write the following code: ** 05 * 12345678 * 1234 * 1234 # .
How to get your PUK code
The PUK code comes inside the original package along with the SIM card, either on the same plastic from which the SIM is extracted or on an attached printed paper. Of course, the PUK is not printed on the SIM for security reasons, so we recommend that you keep your PUK code safely and that you always have it well located in case you need it. You will recognize the PUK code because it is an 8-digit numeric code , usually next to the word PUK .
If you do not have the PUK, contact your operator
In the event that you do not keep the original SIM package with the PUK code or the attached paper, you will have to go to your operator to get it back. In this case, we recommend going to a customer service point of your operator, so that you can identify yourself as the owner of the number and explain the situation. You can also access some type of online portal from your operator to try to manage it remotely. There are 4 main methods to retrieve your PUK code :
- Log in to the customer areaof your operator’s official website ; If you identify yourself properly, you will be able to access the PUK code recovery section.
- Through the official applicationof your operator that offers the same options as the digital portal although with direct access from the app; again, you will need to log in to retrieve the PUK.
- By callingyour operator’s customer service by phone ; The agent will have to verify your identity so that they can send you the PUK code by SMS.
- Through an official store of the operatorin person, with the direct assistance of a technician who will provide you with the PUK personally.
Contact of the main operators in Spain
Below we provide you with the contacts of the main mobile phone operators in Spain so that you can contact quickly and directly:
- Amena: 900 900 705
- Jazztel: 1565
- Lowi: 900 525 957
- MásMóvil: 693 772 373
- Movistar: 1004
- Orange: 1470
- Pepephone: 1706
- Simyo: 1644
- Tuenti: App only
- Vodafone: 1550
- Yoigo: 622 622 622