College students pay half the Prime Student subscription – find out how to join Amazon’s student program.
Amazon Prime Student is the promotion designed by Amazon for university students that allows you to take advantage of the Prime service at an advantageous cost. The price of Amazon Prime Student is 18 euros per year until graduation . Try Prime Student free for 90 days .
Amazon Prime Student is the version of Amazon Prime reserved for university students who can take advantage of a 90-day period of use at no additional cost sponsored by Microsoft Surface . At the end of the free trial, the Prime Student membership automatically renews for only € 18.00 per year , instead of the € 36.00 of the normal Amazon Prime subscription .
Not a student? Check out Amazon Prime and find out how to try it for free .
- What is Prime Student
- Prime Student Membership: What You Need
- Sign up for Prime Student
- Sign up for Prime Student without a university email address
- Prime Student: What Happens After Graduating?
- Cancel your Prime Student membership
What is Prime Student
Prime Student is the student version of Amazon Prime , which offers exclusive membership benefits. Prime Student offers a 90-day no-cost usage period with unlimited fast delivery, streaming movies and TV series with Prime Video , 2 million songs and playlists on Prime Music, and unlimited photo storage.
Amazon Prime: benefits and offers
The benefits are the same as Amazon Prime … but at half the price . The subscription to the normal Prime is in fact 36 euros per year , while the one reserved for students is 18 euros per year : exactly half!
Amazon Prime Student is renewable until graduation for a maximum of 4 years . You can unsubscribe whenever you want.
Prime Student Membership: What You Need
Anyone who meets ALL of the following conditions can join Prime Student :
- have an Amazon.co.uk account;
- be a student enrolled at the University in Italy
- be able to provide proof of enrollment via a university email or specific documentation [see dedicated paragraph below]
Sign up for Prime Student
To sign up for Prime Student, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Click here> SUBSCRIBE TO PRIME STUDENTto access the dedicated page
- Click on the yellow banner “Sign up – 90 days at no additional cost”
- If you already have an account on Amazon enter your login details. If you DO NOT have an account on Amazon, create one indicate your name, email and password ( creating an account on Amazon is free).
- At the end of the simple procedure, in order to enroll in Prime Student, you will be asked to indicate your university email and graduation year. If your university does not provide an e-mail address, you can registerusing other documentation [ see paragraph below ]
- Enter your payment method and billing address (you will not have to pay anything for 90 days. Then, if you intend to renew your subscription, your money will be deducted).
- Submit the registration form.
- Click on the verification link in the email that will be sent to you to confirm your email address and complete the sign up process.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are a Prime Student enrolled undergraduate and want to upgrade to Prime Student, please know that after completing enrollment in the Student Service, you will receive a refund for the remaining months of your current Amazon Prime membership.
Sign up for Prime Student without a university email address
If your university does NOT provide you with an email address, you can still sign up for Prime Student – here’s how.
In order to activate the Prime Student subscription you must prove that you are enrolled in a university course in Italy. All documentation must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your Amazon.it account.
In the email you will need to attach (photo or scanned copy) the following documents:
- Certificate of registration
- University booklet
- Student identification card issued by the University.
Note: When scanning, make sure the University name, student name and year of validity are visible. No other types of documents are accepted other than those indicated above.
If you are eligible to enroll, you will receive an email within 3-5 business days with the direct link to enroll in Prime Student. This link will allow you to complete the registration without entering the personal email address provided by your University.
Prime Student: What Happens After Graduating?
Upon graduation, or at the end of the fourth year of Prime Student membership (whichever comes first), your Prime Student membership will automatically terminate and renew on the expiration date into an Amazon Prime membership at the normal price. 36 euros per year or 3.99 euros per month .
Cancel your Prime Student membership
To cancel your Prime Student membership :
- Log in to Amazon with your login credentials
- Enter the “Manage Amazon Prime Settings” section
- Click Unsubscribe – Waiver of Prime Benefits at the bottom left of the page.
- Click End my benefits.
- Then click on Unsubscribe.
Should you decide to return to Prime Student one day, know that you will no longer be able to benefit from the 90-day free trial.