From the beginning, Google Chrome has been one of the main search servers, with more demands than has been recorded in the history of technology, it can even be said that it is one of the best internet browsers.
Although it is important to know, it is that they offer endless tools to save all the possible information of those who are registered through the Google account, but they also facilitate navigation, since they offer you the best extensions to offer certain specific functions and for free to get better performance.
How to import and export Google Chrome extensions on Windows or MacOS
These applications improve the Google service for users, even most devices are already pre-installed and it is possible to create and develop your own extensions according to your needs.
To have all your information it must be synchronized and not all the time you can enter Chrome and it is necessary to have these files at any time, for this reason there is a simple way to import or export to make use of them on other computers, procedures vary depending on the operating system you are using.
The first thing you should take into account is to verify that Google is open with the account you want to export, if you do not have an account, you can create one from scratch .
Exporting Extensions from Google Chrome to Windows or MacOS
To make this possible, you must enable your account that is activated in “Development Mode” since you must have a file type that is CRX.CRX, therefore you must do these simple steps.
- First you must enter the Google Chrome browser.
- Go to the three-dot “MORE” icon located at the top.
- Enter the “Tools” option.
- You must click on the “Extensions” option .
- It will immediately open a new tab, where you will be given the option to enable the “Development Mode” which is located in the upper right hand part.
- This will give you the name of the ID that you will do the export, so you must save the name to identify it later.
- Now you will press at the same time the key “Win (Windows) + E” with these two keys you will open the Windows explorer of your computer.
- Then you must open the folders in the following order (C: / Users / <UserName> / AppData / Local / Google / Chrome / UserData / Default / Extensions) you must take into account that in the folder “UserName” it has to be the name Google account user name.
- The identification ID that they gave you previously, you must look for it among the different folders that will come out and select it.
- You have to copy it to the desktop.
- From Google, the “Extensions” menu returns.
- You must click on the option “Package Extension” .
- Immediately a new tab should appear, from there you should click on “Browse” next to the “Extensions Root Directory”
- The folder that had been saved on the desktop of the computer, you must open it and you have to choose the file that has the same version of the user and gives it to accept.
- Again in the “Extensions Package” in the “Private Key” file you have to leave it blank.
- With all this procedure, its extension folder must be a CRX File that we were looking for, with this you can save it from your hard drive or on a pen drive.
If you don’t have Windows, if you don’t have MacOS or Linux, its procedure is the same, only when you get to the eighth process, the folder search order changes:
- MacOS: You should look for it as (~ / ~ Library / Application Support)
- Linux: Your Extension folder should be (~ / .Conficg)
Importing Extensions from Google Chrome to Windows
To do the import you cannot open the document and voila, for this it also has a procedure that you must carry out in simple steps:
- Enter from Google Chrome and go to the “Extensions” menu .
- From your computer you must look for the file that we have exported in CRX.
- You must Copy and Paste or simply drag the folder to the Extensions menu of your browser.
- After that, the extension begins to install, wait for it to load and that’s it.
You can always have all your files at hand, whether or not you have internet thanks to this method to save your extensions and information in a more secure way , even so Google is the favorite of many and has maintained the trust of its users, allowing you to restore those damaged extensions.