Error 0X803F7001 occurs when you try to clean install Windows 10 using flash drives. This problem may appear after updating the BIOS.
There is also a possibility that the problem is with Microsoft’s activation servers . Those who have a message that Windows has not been activated will only have to wait if the error is on the part of Microsoft.
Solutions for error 0X803F7001 when activating Windows
Now, let’s start performing the methods to fix this error. There will be three methods in total.
Method # 1 Entering keys
- Go to “Start” -> “Settings” -> “Updates and protection” -> “Activation” -> “Change activation key”.
- Now enter the original activation key that was used before the upgrade to Windows 10.
Method # 2 Activating Windows 10 using your phone
To use this method, you need a cell phone from which you need to make a free call. This method was shared by one of the technical support engineers.
- Press the key combination Win + Rto open the “Run” window .
- Write in this window Slui 4and press Enter .
- Next, you are required to select your country / region. Do this and click Next.
- You will be presented with a toll-free number. Use your phone to call to get a confirmation ID.
- Once you receive this data, enter it in fields Athrough H as they appear.
- Now click “Activate”.
If you were unable to solve the problem with error 0X803F7001 , then go to the third and last method.
Method # 3 Repeat the installation cycle
In this method, you will need to complete the Windows 7/8 / 8.1 installation cycle for which you have a key. After completing these steps, download Windows Media Creation and use Update This PC . This action will allow you to upgrade your computer from any installed operating system to Windows 10. More information can be found on the official Microsoft website .
If everything works fine, you should easily upgrade to Windows 10 . If you are not comfortable with the updated version of the operating system, then you can now easily use a clean installation of Windows 10 from a flash drive.