In today’s article we are going to see how to enable or disable Mozilla Firefox Plugins and extensions in a very simple way. With this step-by-step tutorial you will be able to enable or disable the addons or add-ons that you want from your preferred browser.
In the competitive world of browsers, we cannot deny that Firefox is one of the greats. Optimized to work on all operating systems, with excellent fluidity and speed, it is by far one of the great browsers we have.
On many occasions we have recommended you which are the best add-ons and extensions that you can install in Firefox . We also teach you not only how to update to the latest version , but also how important updates are to keep your installation as secure as possible.
Today we will see how to activate or deactivate any kind of add-on you want in your preferred browser. It is a very simple process that in a matter of a few minutes you will be able to learn and in this way maintain a correct control of all the Plugins that you have installed.
Follow the steps that we are going to mention a little below. First we will see how to activate the add-ons, then we will see how to deactivate them and also how to permanently uninstall them from Mozilla Firefox.
How to activate add-ons or Plugins in Firefox
- Activating add-ons or installing new ones is too simple a process in Firefox.
- For this you will have to open your browser and go to the upper right corner of the screen where you will see an icon with three horizontal bars.
- Pressing on it displays a menu with many options. The one that interests us is the one that says ” Complements “.
- After this you will have to move the switch on the right side of the add-on that you have installed in your browser.
- In case you don’t have any add-ons and you want to install new Plugins, what you can do is see the “ Recommended add-ons ” at the bottom of this section.
- You also have a search engine for Firefox extensions at the top right of the screen.
It is very easy to add add-ons to Firefox, you can see all the add-ons available in the browser from its official add-on website .
How to disable add-ons in Mozilla Firefox
- In Firefox you will have to click on the icon of the three horizontal bars that is located at the top right.
- A menu opens where you must look for the option ” Add-ons “.
- After this you will have to choose ” Extensions “.
- Now you are going to have to choose the add-on you want to remove.
- Click on the icon of the three horizontal dots that appear in the plugin you want to remove. A small menu opens and you will have to choose ” Deactivate ” in case you want to delete it permanently, press ” Remove “.
- After this you will have to restart the browser for the changes to take effect. In case you have deactivated it and want to activate it again, you will have to repeat the whole process. Only instead of showing the option to ” Deactivate ” appears instead ” Activate “. That simple
If you want to learn a little more about the Mozilla browser, we also have tutorials for you to learn how to change the file download folder . We have done a huge amount of tutorials on this fantastic browser, we recommend the browser category to find them all.
Remember that if you have any kind of questions about how to enable or disable add-ons in Mozilla Firefox , you can leave it in the comment box that you will find a little further down and we will be happy to help you as much as possible.