If you are a lover of reading, surely you have a Kindle: an e-book reader from Amazon . There are many aspects that you can configure in this device to personalize your reading; one of them in screen orientation.
Therefore, below we will show you how to change the orientation or rotate the screen when reading on a Kindle . Then we will give you some tips to get the most out of your device.
Without a doubt, this Amazon tool has revolutionized the world of digital reading, as it has a lot of functions that are very useful to us. For example, it allows us to share books with our family members quickly and easily without them having to buy the same book.
We should also highlight that Kindle devices are very customizable, since it gives us the option to install different backgrounds or free screensavers , which is an important detail.
Finally, we can also use the Amazon Kindle to convert the text to speech and in this way you can listen to the narration of the book while doing any other activity.
How to change the orientation or rotate the screen when reading on a Kindle
If you’re reading a book on an old Amazon Kindle and want to change the screen orientation, follow these simple steps:
- Open any book. This is because the option to rotate the screen only appears when viewing text .
- Press the text key button. This is the one with the “Aa” icon.
- Among the options that are displayed in the toolbar, select the one that says “Screen rotation”.
- Choose one of the 4 orientations that you prefer and that best suits your needs.
That way you can read a book vertically or horizontally on your Kindle. It should be noted that with the passing of the versions, physical buttons have been eliminated. Therefore, below we show you the process to change the orientation in the most recent models.
How to change the orientation or rotate the screen when reading on a Kindle Touch or recent versions
Before we start, we would like to clarify a couple of points. First, unlike the Kindle DX, in the Touch version the option to configure the automatic screen rotation is not available . Second, unlike other versions, the Kindle Touch only has 2 orientation options, namely portrait and landscape.
In other models it is possible to choose between 4 orientations: horizontal on the left, horizontal on the right, vertical up and vertical down.
- Touch the top of the screen. A secondary toolbar will appear.
- Within this section, click on the “Aa” option.
- Now select the option «Page» and then «Orientation».
- Choose the orientation you want, either portrait or landscape . They will be represented by two icons.
That’s how easy it is to rotate the screen when reading on a Kindle. We hope this tutorial has helped you solve your problem.
Keep this in mind when changing the orientation or rotating the screen when reading on a Kindle
- In most models, the orientation is maintained in all applications used . That way, if you rotate the screen while reading a book, when you return to the main menu the orientation will be maintained.
- Changing the orientation does not affect games. No matter what position you choose, when you play a game, it will always be displayed vertically.
Get more out of your Kindle
If you are an avid reader of books in electronic format, now we want to give you some tips so that you understand how Amazon Kindle works and get the most out of this useful device
Get the definition of a word with a single tap
If you press and hold a word while reading, Kindle will show you its definition. In addition, all the words you look for will be saved so that you can consult them whenever you want . To do this, click on the three points in the upper right corner and select the option «Review vocabulary».
Read articles from any web page
To do this, you must first install an extension in your browser, either Chrome or Firefox, and configure it. At the end of this simple process, just click the “Send to Kindle” option and voila, enjoy reading. The advantage is that the page in question will appear in your library as a document and you can even underline on it.
Optimize battery performance
The battery performance of the Kindle is good. However, you can extend its duration much more by implementing these tips:
- Turn off Wi-fi if you’re not using it.
- Lower the brightness in low light situations. If possible, keep it to a minimum.
- If you pause, instead of activating the screen saver, turn off the device. To do this, press and hold the power button and press “Screen off”.