Many of the applications that come pre – installed text messages on Android devices can block text messages, but this may be limited by your operator. If your default messaging app doesn’t block text messages, you can install an app that does, or contact your provider.
If you want to learn how to block Android text messages , we invite you to continue reading.
Index of contents
How to Block Android Text Messages Using Google Messenger?
It is not complicated, it is about following each of the steps to achieve the goal. Let’s get started:
- Open Messengeron your Android device. It’s a round blue icon with a white speech bubble coming from the upper right corner.
- Don’t confuse this with Facebook Messenger, which looks similar.
- Google Messenger is available for any Android device from the Google Play Store and comes pre-installed on Nexus and Pixel phones.
- If you are using a specific carrier or manufacturer messagingservice , this method may not work for you. Using this app is one of the easiest ways to block texts, so you may want to consider switching to it if you have to block a lot.
- Touch a conversation with the number you want to block. You can block the sender of any of your conversations.
- Touch ⋮. It’s in the upper-right corner and displays a drop-down menu.
- Tap People & Options. A new screen will appear with the details of the conversation.
- Tap Block and report spam. You will be asked to confirm that you want to block the number.
- Tap Accept. Messages from this number are now blocked.
- You will not be notified of messages you receive from blocked numbers and will be archived immediately.
Using Samsung messages
- Open messages. This is the proprietary messaging appon your Samsung device.
- Touch ⋮. It’s in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Press Settings. It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Tap Block messages. It’s almost at the end of the menu.
- Tap Block list. It is the first selection.
- If you don’t see these options, your carrier has likely disabled them. Contact your operator.
- Enter a number that you want to block.
- Touch Inboxto select and block the people who sent you text messages that are still in your inbox.
- If you want to block text messages from someone in your contact list, tap Contacts and select everyone you want to block.
- Touch +. Now, you will not receive message notifications for the numbers you have selected, nor will your messages appear in their inbox.
- Touch – next to a number in the block list to unblock it.
- Tap Blocked messagesin the “Block messages” menu to view messages from blocked senders.
Using HTC messages
- Open messages. This method refers to the Messages application that are pre-installed on HTC phones. If you use a different application for SMS, this method may not work.
- Long press on the message you want to block. A menu will appear after a few moments of finger conversation.
- All Block contact. This will add the contact to your block list and you will no longer receive SMS messages from that number.
Use an SMS blocker app
- Tap the Google Play Store app. You will find it in your app drawer or on one of your home screens. This will open the app store for your device.
- Search for “sms block”. This will search for apps that block messages.There are many different blocking apps available for Android. Some of the most popular include:
- CleanSMS blocker from inbox.
- Block calls and block SMS.
- Text blocker.
- Install the application you want to use. Each application offers different sets of functions, although all will allow you to block text messages.
- Set the new appas your default SMS app (if prompted). Several of the apps should be your default SMS app to block incoming messages. This means that you will receive and send messages through the app instead of your old texting app. The exception to this is Text Blocker.
- Open the block list. This may be the default screen when you start the app, or you may need to open it. In Truemessenger, open your spam inbox.
- Add a new number to the block list. Tap the Add button (varies by app) and then enter the number or select the contact you want to block.
- Block unknown numbers. Many SMS blocking apps will allow you to block unknown numbers. This can be useful to avoid spam, but be careful, as you can block important text messages from people who are not on your contact list.
Another alternative: Get in touch with your operator
Visit your operator’s website. Most of the major carriers have web tools that will allow you to block text messages and emails. Options vary from operator to operator.
- AT&T: You have to purchase “Smart Limits” service for your account. Once it’s activated, you can block numbers for text messages and calls.
- Sprint: you will need to log into the “My Sprint” website and enter the numbers in the “Limits and permissions” section.
- T-Mobile: You will need to enable “family allowances” on your account. Once this feature is enabled, you can block messagesfrom up to ten different phone numbers.
- Verizon: You will need to add “Block calls and messages” to your account. After enabling this service, you can block specific numbers for 90 days at a time.
- Call your provider’s customer serviceline . If you are being harassed, your operator will likely block the number for free. Contact your operator’s customer service line and explain that you would like to block a specific number for your line. You may need to be the account owner or have the account owner’s permission to do this.