After you have decided that you are not going to continue using your Android device, you must unlink all the accounts you have connected so that third parties do not have access to your data. This is especially important in the case of email, since it is one of the apps that collects the most information, from emails to phone contacts. Find out here how to remove a Gmail account on Android . Read more!
The security of your mobile phone must always be a priority, so if you lose it, it is stolen or you just no longer use it, you must deactivate and delete all your accounts in order to protect your data and thus prevent malicious third parties from using it. your information or take over your identity. There are several ways to do this, and it is usually a very simple process.
Index of contents
Steps to remove a Gmail account on Android
Remove a Gmail account
In all the mobiles that you configure as new, the Android operating system asks you for an email account so that you can use various services and apps, to have a backup of your data, photos, videos, and to enter the Play Store and Google services.
However, if one day you want to use another account or delete the current one, you can do so with complete freedom. Therefore, in this guide we will teach you how to remove a Gmail account on Android and how to add a new Gmail account.
Unlinking or adding a new email account is extremely easy and each process takes no more than a few minutes:
1- Add or add a Gmail account on Android
Android not only allows you to have a Gmail account associated with your mobile phone, but you can have as many as you want if you want. To add a new account to your device, you just have to follow the steps that we explain below.
- First of all, you have to go to the settings or where it says ” Settings” on your device.
- Then you must look for the option ” Accounts” then go to ” Add account ” and choose ” Google “.
Go to “Add account” and choose “Google”
- Follow the instructions to set up your account correctly.
- You need to log in with your username and password for your device to be able to identify your account.
If you want to create several accounts on the same device, you just have to follow the same steps that have already been described for each account.
If you already have several accounts on your mobile phone, you can choose the one you like the most by following these steps:
- Open the app from Google Play.
- Tap on the menu window(if you don’t see the menu icon in the upper left corner, tap to return to the main application screen).
- Lugo, at the top of the screen, you should find the name and email addressof the account you are using.
- You need to click the down arrow to show available accounts.
- Choose the account you want to use.
2- Remove or delete a Gmail account on Android
If you want to remove a Gmail account on Android that is already linked to your mobile phone, you can easily do so by following the steps that we will explain to you shortly.
- First of all you should look for the ” Settings” of your mobile.
- Then you must look for the option ” Accounts“, then choose the option ” Add account “.
- Now you must choose the Google email address associated with your mobile phone or tablet.
- Click on the menu buttonand a window with several options will open, you must select the option ” Delete account “, you will be asked to confirm the action, once again you must choose to delete and now, all the information will be automatically deleted of the account on your mobile phone.
Select the option “Delete account”
This method will allow you to delete any type of accounts that you have added to your device from Facebook to WhatsApp or Twitter.
You should know that it is very important to have an email account linked to the device you use, so you should not lose such important things as accessing the Google Play Store services , which allows you to download the vast majority of the apps you use on your mobile.
How does this work and what is the benefit of linking a Gmail account to Android?
The Gmail accounts that are linked to each device function as profiles that coexist with each other. Each of the accounts is the “owner” of the mobile phone, so individual settings can be made for each of them in different ways.
After you change your ” profile “, some aspects configured by each of them will be modified. This affects things like the desktop background image, contacts, songs that are played when called, and in certain cases, even accounts for certain apps, especially video games.
Although it is impractical to have several accounts associated with the same number, it is necessary and also mandatory to have at least one of them registered. This has some benefits, among which we can highlight:
- Create backup copies: you can make regular backups thanks to the Gmail storage space. In addition, not only can you make a backup copy of your information to restore it on your mobile, but if in the future you link the same account to another smartphone, all your files will be transferred automatically.
- Use all device functions: Many functions such as email service, location, among other things, require a Gmail account.
- Log in to your email: If you have a linked account on your Android device, you can log in if you want to open your email on your computer without having to enter your password, which reduces access time to multiple platforms and websites that require passwords.