We explain the steps you need to follow to be able to add friends in GTA Online and how you can then invite them to play with them in Los Santos.
- How to add new friends in GTA Online?
- How to invite friends in GTA Online and play with them
- Problem inviting or joining friends in GTA Online
One of the greatest diversions that GTA Online offers us is playing with our friends and being a thug through the streets of Los Santos. This game becomes much more entertaining if we create a Crew and dedicate ourselves to completing missions with colleagues. If you have questions about how to invite your friends, add new friends or play games with them , don’t worry, here are the simple steps to follow to do all this.
How to add new friends in GTA Online?
There are three main ways to add new friends to your GTA Online Friends List. To do this you must first have a Rockstar Games Social Club account and your friends must also have one. Once the account is created and after logging in, you can choose one of the following three options.
Add friends from the Social Club website
- Enter the Social Club page :and after logging in with your account, click on your avatar icon.
- Click on the “Friends” tab:which appears in the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the “Search” tab:and on the new page, type in the search engine the name of the friend you want to add to GTA Online.
- When your friend appears on the list:enter their profile and click on the box that says “Add friend” to send them a friend request (you will have to wait for them to accept it to start being friends).
Adding friends within GTA Online (PC only)
Within any GTA Online game session it is also possible to add friends, although this option is only valid for PC players .
- Press the “Start” key:within the game to open the Rockstar Games Launcher drop-down menu.
- Now click on the “Social” tab:and your friends menu will open.
- Enter the “Search player” section:and write the name of the player you want to add as a friend.
- Finally, select the “Add” icon:on the wanted player’s file to send him a friend request.
The last possible way to add friends to GTA Online is by importing . This is done from the Social Club page, once you have logged in with your account. You just have to follow these steps:
- Clicking on your avatar icon to display the menu:and enter the “Import” tab found within the “Friends” section.
- Import friends from other networks:here you can click on one of the Facebook, PlayStation, Xbox, Google or Twitter icons to link your accounts and import your friends added to those networks (if they are also members of the Social Club).
- Invite friends by email:another option is to directly send a friend request to your friend by writing their email and a message. The email must be the same as the one you used for your Social Club account.
How to invite friends in GTA Online and play with them
Once you have added some friends in Social Club, you can now invite them in GTA Online to play with your friends. In this case you just have to do the following:
- While in GTA Online:Open the main pause menu.
- Go to the “Friends” section:and the friends you have added to Social Club will appear. Select the player you want to invite to your current session and send them an invitation so they can join your game.
- Now wait:for your friend to join the same session so you can play together.
When your friend joins your game you should be able to see it from your mobile phone , within the Contacts section . If you play on PlayStation or Xbox consoles you can also use the options to join a friend or group , offered by the console system itself.
On PC, in addition, you can also press the “Start” key to display the Rockstar Games Launcher menu and from the Social or Home tab of the same you can directly invite your friends who are online at that time or even join their games if you do. you want.
Remember that GTA Online does not have a crossplay or cross game system , therefore it is impossible to play with friends who are on different platforms . You necessarily need to share a platform with your friend to be able to play GTA Online together.
Problem inviting or joining friends in GTA Online
There is usually a recurring problem in GTA Online that sometimes appears to prevent us from playing with our friends. This error causes that we cannot invite or join the games of friends.
Sometimes this problem usually appears with the following alert message : “Sending invitations is disabled until both players have completed the GTA Online tutorial . “
- Some players have managed to fix this temporary issue by logging out of GTA Onlineand switching characters.
- It simply serves to exit the session and from the character change screen to select our characterwith whom we want to play again.
- In case this doesn’t work, you can also create a new characterand when the option to play the GTA Online tutorial appears skip it . After this, select your other character again to see if you can invite your friend now.
- If the friend we want to invite or join has the same problem as us, then he should do the same too.
By performing these actions it is quite likely that the problem will be solved and you can now play with your friends. In case it’s still going on, you may be experiencing connectivity issues with GTA Online or another series of bugs . We recommend that you take a look at our section of the guide dedicated to solving general problems. Maybe there you will find the help you need.