The Google company, has decided to add in recent updates of its application for video calls, Google Duo, the filters and effects to activate in the video messages or video calls , to make it as entertaining as possible and attract more users to the same application.
In a similar way to other applications, which are in the market, Google Duo, at the moment offers you six original effects of the application, and about 7 filters similar to those that you can activate on Instagram during a video call , that is why in This article will teach you how to activate them and make those conversations more fun.
- How are the effects and filters used in Duo video messages?
- What do you do to blur the background in a video chat?
- How do you put the effects on Google Duo video calls?
- In what other applications are filters applied in video conferences?
- Google Meet
How are the effects and filters used in Duo video messages?
At the beginning, Google Duo, offered its users the update of the effects and filters, to the section of the video messages, giving it a more interactive touch. We can activate it and use them in the following way:
- We open the Google Duo application, if it is the first time, we must accept the permissions that it asks for, to be able to make use of it completely.
- You must slide down from the middle of the screen to start a video message.
- On the right of the screen, you will see the button to access the available filters and effects.
- With the filters button, we can place different color overlayson the image while the message is being recorded, while, with the Effects button, we can place some visual effect available to the user or the environment.
- We click on the button to record and voila, we will have a different and fun video message.
What do you do to blur the background in a video chat?
Similarly, the application also offers you the possibility of activating a Bokeh-style effect, while you are in a video call or minutes before starting, we will only have to press on the screen and select the portrait mode , thus being able to blur the background and highlight our figure while speaking.
How do you put the effects on Google Duo video calls?
While in video messages, filters and effects can be placed, during video calls we can only place effects, since filters are not currently available for this type of call. In order to place these effects, we will enter the official Zoom page or the application itself and do the following:
- Click on the application to access it
- We start a video call with the person we want
- In the lower left area of the screen, click on the three points
- In the pop-up menu, click on ‘Effects’
- We can see all the available effects that can be used while we talk and we add a fun and different touch.
In what other applications are filters applied in video conferences?
In fact, in the current market there are a wide variety of applications with which you can make group video calls , some being the main function in it, however there are few with which you can have fun while you are on a video call.
Apart from Instagram with its interactive video calls with the effects created by the users, there are other applications that you can also choose to have this function, some of them being:
One of the applications that joined this wave of effects and filters during video calls, is the application also belonging to the Google company, we are talking about Google Meet, with all the current situation of the pandemic, the company also decided to add this function to the Meet interface, which can be activated as follows:
- We enter a meeting or start one with a contact on our list.
- Click on the flash icon at the bottom
- We will see a menu with all the filters and effects that can be accessed.
Zoom, one of the video calling applications that currently has facilitated contact between people and companies, being one of the most downloaded, brings with it recent updates , filters and funds, to make the call more entertaining and fun, regardless of from where you start it, to activate we will have to do the following:
- We must enter the application from the device we want, it can be from the mobile phone or the computer.
- We are heading towards configurations
- Click on the ‘Filters and Funds’ tab, we will observe the two options, click on any of the options that you prefer, to be able to activate them and see all that we have.