How do I register on Steam?.
- Setting up a profile
- Client installation and authorization
- Confirmation email
Steam is the largest gaming resource. It combines an online store, a forum, a video broadcasting platform and many other useful functions. Has been online since September 2003. Created by Valve, a popular video game developer.
Steam distributes over 10 thousand games for Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS operating systems. The community of users of this service has more than 125 million people.
To register on Steam, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of the service – http://store.steampowered.com/.
- In order for the site interface to be displayed in Russian, at the top of the page, on the right, open the “Language” menu by clicking the mouse. And then select “Russian” from the drop-down list.
- Open the page on which you want to register: at the top right, click “Login” and in the panel that opens, click the button “Create an account”.
Note. You can also get into the registration form by clicking on the link “join Steam for free”.
- In the “Create an account” form, fill in all the available fields in sequence.
“Enter the desired name” – your nickname in the system (Latin letters, numbers, and also “_” are allowed).
Attention! After entering, pay attention to the service message near the field. Only unique logins are accepted (“Available!” Will appear).
- “Enter password” and “Confirm …”: come up with a combination of 15-20 characters to enter. For greater key strength, alternate uppercase and lowercase Latin letters with numbers, curly brackets and other special characters.
- “… email address Email “and” Confirm … “: enter your email name. Specify only a valid e-mail box.
- “Captcha”: type in the field the characters from the picture.
Advice! If you cannot read the sequence, click the Update option next to the picture (the image will change).
- Click in the box next to the words “I accept the terms …” to make a check mark appear.
- Click the “Create Account” button.
Setting up a profile
- In the upper right corner, click on your nickname.
- In the list of options that appears, select “Open Profile”.
- On the new page, on the right-hand side, click on the “Configure Steam Profile” link.
- Add all the required information to the profile. And then below, under the form, click “Save Changes”.
Client installation and authorization
- To download the online client installer to your computer, click on the Download Steam link (the button is to the left of the nickname).
- After the download is complete, run the installer with administrator rights.
- In the “Installation …” window, check the box next to the inscription “I accept …”. Click Next.
- Select the interface language: click to enable the radio button next to “Russian”, click “Next”.
- Wait a bit: the client will automatically download and install the updates.
- To log in, click “Login to your account”.
- Enter the name you entered during registration and the password. Click Sign In.
- After authorization in the client, in the green field “This is your current address …”, click the “Yes” link.
- In the “Confirm Address …” panel, click “Next”.
- Go to the mailbox indicated in the registration field (log in).
- Open the email from Steam. Follow the link “Confirm address …” (located in the text, under the greeting).
- Return to the client window and click Finish.