How do I sign up for Origin?.
- registration on the website
- Confirmation email
- Setting up the Origin client and authorizing in it
Origin – online store of computer games. Provides users with free and paid distributions of a wide variety of genres (simulators, shooters, RPGs). As well as additional content (videos, descriptions), chat, integration with PlayStation Network, Xbox Live , Facebook. Has its own client application and official Origin Youtube channel (youtube.com/user/OriginInsider). Created by the largest developer of computer games Electronics Arts in 2011.
This guide will tell you how to register with Origin and how to log in to the website and client.
registration on the website
- Open the main page of the service – origin.com/ru-ru/store/.
- In the top panel, click on the “Registration” section.
- In a new window, in the field under the inscription “Create an account …”, enter your email (use your work box!). Click “Next”.
- “Public ID” (origin id): create a unique name. If it is already in use, the message “ID already registered” will be displayed under the field.
- “Password” / “Confirm …”: create a password – a symbolic combination in the range of 8-16 characters. It must contain at least one lowercase and one uppercase Latin letter, as well as one number.
- Security Question: Select one of the questions from the drop-down list. Its service will be used to verify the account.
- “Answer …”: In this field, type the answer to your security question. Memorize or write it down. Otherwise, for example, if there is a problem with your password, you will not be able to recover your account.
- “Host country”: select from the list the state in which you live.
- “When were you born”: Enter the date, month, and year in the fields.
- “Are you human?”: Click to check the box next to “I’m not a robot”.
- In the additional window, answer the question: mark the pictures by clicking the mouse on a given attribute. (In this case, it was necessary to mark all images with wheelchairs.)
When everything is ready, click “Confirm”.
Attention! So that you do not have questions “why you can not register?”, Carefully read the assignments and familiarize yourself with the images. If the answer is correct, a green checkmark will appear in the field.
- Disable or enable the check boxes next to additional add-ons. BUT: next to the inscription “I have read and accept …” the checkbox must be present.
- Click “Next”.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Set your avatar: click the link “choose your own avatar” under the portrait.
- To upload pictures from your PC, go to the “Upload Photos” tab. Then click the “Select File” button. In the window that appears, open the necessary section and folder, select a suitable photo with a mouse click. Click “Open”.
To select a ready-made ava, open the “Gallery of avatars” tab. In the first list, select a game, in the adjacent field – a character from this game.
After installing the ava, regardless of the selected method, click “Save”.
- Go to the mailbox profile that was specified during registration on the site.
- Open the email from EA “Verify Your Account …”.
- To activate your account, click on the link in the body of the letter. A page will open in a new tab with the message “Excellent! Address … confirmed. “
- On the main page of the store, in the top panel, click “Login”.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. Click Login.
- After successful authorization, a link to the “Welcome,” profile will appear at the top of the page.
Setting up the Origin client and authorizing in it
- Click on the “Download Origin” link in the upper right corner of the home page.
- Run the downloaded installer as administrator.
- In the “Install …” panel enable / disable the necessary add-ons (create shortcuts, automatic launch, updates).
- Click the Install button.
- Click to select the “I have read and accept …” checkbox. Click OK.
- Wait a bit: the Origin client will download updates.
- Upon completion of the update, enter your ID (nickname) or mailbox address, then – password. If necessary, activate additional options (check the boxes next to “Remember me”, “Log in as invisible”).
- Click the “Login” button.
- In the new panel, set the privacy settings (restricting access to personal data for other users). Click Continue.
- Optionally, you can specify the name, surname and avatar (optional!). Then, respectively, click “Continue” or “Skip”.
When all the required data has been entered, a client window will open. An avatar and nickname will be displayed at the top right.
Enjoy your Origin purchases!