Although Facebook is a well-known social network where you can talk with friends and family, play games, have fun and do many things, it also has its risks, especially for teenagers. Much more when it is possible to open and create a Facebook account without email
At this stage of their lives, they are very curious and want to know everything, which makes them more vulnerable, since unlike an adult, when they are very young they do not know how to detect the danger of their actions or make wise decisions.
Why is it necessary to block Facebook applications?
As we said before, although it is a useful social network, caution is needed when used especially for the very young. Facebook contains several applications that are not necessary and the most sensible thing would be to block them . Among these applications we have:
- Public Profile: When you create an account on this social network, Facebook by default creates it publicly, that is, anyone can have access to your information, photos and everything that is published and will remain on the network. This becomes quite dangerous as there are malicious people who can modify a photo and even use it as child pornography.
- Likes: Many people, especially the younger ones, are obsessed with having a lot of people’s Likes in their posts, which can lead them to post unethical content just for popularity.
- Security: Although it is true that Facebook has a requirement to create an account to be 13 years or older , many children create fake accounts older to access this network while Facebook does not take the time to verify these accounts. So children are exposed in these networks to the dangers of talking to strangers without knowing their intentions.
- Status quo: Many of the people who have an account on this social network love having their huge friends list, especially the little ones. This leads them to accept requests from anyone regardless of whether they know them or not. This urge to be popular leads many to expose themselves to the danger of talking to strangers and having conversations of any kind.
- Intruders: Many people post their locations without knowing the danger this entails. They are exposed to anyone knowing exactly where they live and that makes them vulnerable to any danger. People who do not see the danger of this are exposed to talking with strangers without knowing what intentions they are doing it and they can even arrange a date to meet. These people are easy prey for criminals who use this network to harm other people.
- Future Implications: As Facebook is a fairly popular network especially for young people, many universities and scholarship providers choose to review the profiles of those who have applied to determine whether they will be admitted or not. So it is important to bear in mind that everything that is published on this social network can become detrimental for the future.
How to block Facebook applications?
Taking into account all the dangers that a person can be exposed to if they have no limits on Facebook, it is normal that you want to know how to block these applications to be safer and especially protect the little ones. That is why in this article we will show you how to do it:
The first thing you should do is go to the settings of your cell phone and look for the one called General Settings among the options.
Now you must go to Restrictions and click on this option. Doing so will ask you to enter a 4-digit code.
If it is the first time it is the first time you access the settings, you must create a code or use the same one that you created in the previous step. Now, you must scroll until you find the Application Installation option and disable it.
These small steps are to be used on a cell phone and will block the Facebook application, but it can still be used on a computer with any web browser. But it is possible it is also possible to block a specific web page on your cell phone
So if you want to block this application on your computer as well, then you must install a Facebook blocker application on the child’s system if you don’t want him to use this network.