Before discussing this Friday prayer, what good is it if we know in advance what Friday is?, And what is the specialty for Muslims ?. Friday is the sixth day in a week (if it starts Sunday).
Friday is also a very special day compared to other days. Because this Friday is also the anniversary of Muslims in one week. In a hadith, it is also mentioned that there were many priorities of the day, one of which was Friday prayer.
The Meaning of Friday Prayers
This Friday prayer is a prayer that is held in the communion during the daytime (dzuhur), but the practice is different from the Dzuhur prayer. If this Dzuhur prayer amounted to four rakaats, the Friday prayer had a total of two rakaats, which preceded its execution with two sermons first.
In the Qur’an itself there is a letter named al-Jum’ah, the 6th letter. In verse nine of the letter there is also an explanation for the government to perform Friday prayers. The verse reads as follows
يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوٓاْ إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَوٰةِ مِن يَوۡمِ ٱلۡجُمُعَةِ فَٱسۡعَوۡاْ إِلَىٰ ذِكۡرِ ٱللَّهِ وَذَرُواْ ٱلۡبَيۡعَۚ ذَٰلِكُمۡ خَيۡرٞ لَّكُمۡ إِن كُنتُمۡ تَعۡلَمُونَ ٩
“O believers, when called to perform the Friday prayers, you should hasten to remember Allah and stop selling. That is good for you if you know. ”
The Law of Performing Friday Prayers
The law on praying this Friday is mandatory, for those who meet the conditions. Then, what are the conditions for carrying out the Friday prayer ?.
Terms for Performing Friday Prayers
Speaking of these conditions, there are two kinds of conditions for holding Friday prayers, namely the mandatory requirements and legal requirements. The conditions for mandatory Friday prayers are:
- Already baligh (reaching adulthood)
- Common sense (these three main requirements also apply to prayers other than Friday)
- Physically healthy
- Persons who live (domiciled in a certain area)
Aside from all that, or people who have certain obstacles, are not subject to the law obliged to carry out Friday prayer services. For example: women, still children (not yet married), people who are sick, people who are in a traveling condition, people who experience impaired reason (crazy).
As described in the hadith of the Holy Prophet. narrated by Imam Abu Dawud as follows:
عَنْ طَارِقِ بِنِ شِهَابٍ عَنِ الَّنَّبِى -الى الله عليه وسلم- قَالْ
From Thariq bin Syihab, from the Prophet. that he said: “Friday prayer is a haq (obligatory) for every Muslim in the congregation, except for four groups: servants, women, children and sick people” (HR. Abu Dawud)
For people who are traveling try to carry it out in the mosque on the route, even though in this condition there is no prohibition to leave it. However, the most important thing is when a person who is in a condition to leave the Friday prayer, then that person must continue to do the midday prayer (instead).
Whereas for the legal terms of performing the Friday prayers are:
- Performed in a place designated by the local community.
- Performed during the day like noon prayer.
- Performed together or in congregations.
- It is preceded by two sermons before performing it
Pillars – Pillars in the Friday Sermon
This pillar is something that cannot be missed in a worship, in this Friday’s sermon. The rules should be filled with people who preach ( preacher ) in the disampaikainnya Friday sermon, as sermons Friday tenets are:
- Beginning with gratitude to Allah Almighty. by reciting the word tahmid ( alhamudulillaah) at each sermon. Both the first sermon and the second sermon.
- Read the two shahada sentences.
- Read the riddle to the prophet Muhammad.
- Divine will. This will is a will that contains the words of a solicitation or warning to increase the fear of the pilgrims present at the Friday prayer.
- Read the Qur’anic verses in each sermon (first and second)
- Reading the prayer, for the safety of all Muslims (muslimat) in the second sermon.
Terms in the Friday Sermon
As for the conditions for delivering this Friday sermon:
- Already entered Friday prayer time
- People who preach ( preachers) are in a state of purity and covered her nakedness
- Deliver sermon material in a clear voice
- Simplifying sermon material (non-durable)
- Sit for a moment between the first and second sermons
Sunnah – Sunnah in Performing the Friday Prayer ( Differentiate first ….)
Friday is a day in which full of pleasure, blessings, and virtues. Before discussing further we must know the difference between the sunnahs on Friday and the sunnahs carrying out Friday prayers. This is so that we do not get caught up in understanding which ones are banned when Friday, and which ones are bunned when Friday prayers.
The integrity of Friday is very much, so is the sunnahs carried out by a Muslim when Friday comes. Because Friday prayers themselves are also prayer services which are only held on Fridays. Of course it is also still related to the sunnahs which must be carried out on Friday.
From here, we learn more about the Friday prayers related to Friday prayers. These include:
- Wash or wash your body (bath) first before leaving for the mosque. Learn more about how to take a bath or shower(a great effort from the Great Hadad).
- Wear nice clothes, polite and neat
- Wear perfume
- Cutting nails and smoothing long hair neatly
- Hurry to go to the mosque and pray to the mosque mosque after reaching the mosque
- While waiting for a sermon to read the Qur’an or recite remembering Allah Almighty
- Listen carefully to the Friday sermon delivered by the preacher, and not too crowded
Wisdom Performs Friday prayers
When we have finished the Friday prayer service, do not rush to leave the mosque quickly, unless there is an emergency matter. Try to dhikr beforehand, pray, and if you can do the sunnah ba’diyah prayers (sunnat prayers performed after the obligatory prayers)
From Friday prayers that we carry out in congregation, of course we can take our own wisdom, including:
- To increase our faith and devotion to Allah Almighty.
- Maintaining relationships between fellow Muslims
- Adding our insights through the material in the Friday sermon
- To seek forgiveness from Allah swt.