Egg liqueur . A special recipe to enjoy at parties or just after meals. It is characterized by its exquisite flavor.
[ hide ]
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation
- 1 Homemade way to filter liquors
- 3 Nutritional and medicinal properties
- 1 Liquor
- 2 Egg
- 4 Sources
- 6 egg yolks .
- 2 cups of milk . (500cc.)
- 2 cups of alcohol . (500cc.)
- 2 cups of sugar . (400 grams)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla .
- Put in the mixer, the yolks and beat until creamy.
- Besides, put the milk together with the sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the fire and when it breaks the boil, leave it to heat 5 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Quickly remove and pour the syrup into the yolks, always beating until it reaches room temperature.
- It is a form that is bromatologically suitable for consuming salmonella safely .
- Put this preparation in a wide-mouth glass jar. Take to the refrigerator and leave until it is very cold.
- Then add the alcohol and vanilla .
- Close the bottle and move it a little so that everything mixes well.
- Let the liquor soak for a month in a cool, dark place.
- Shake it every day, once.
- Then strain, filter and bottle.
Homemade way to filter liquors
- Put a thick layer of cotton in a funnel and then two or three layers of gauze.
- The alcohol macerated with the fruits or the finished liquor is added little by little .
- The process can be repeated again by renewing the cotton, whenever it is considered necessary.
- As the layer is thick it will take time to filter it, pour it a little and after a while the operation will be repeated again until finished. It takes time but the result is very good.
- This process is repeated on the wane and the liquor will be more crystalline.
Nutritional and medicinal properties
Some liqueurs are prepared by infusing certain woods, fruits , or flowers , in water or alcohol , and adding sugar, etc. Others are made by distillation of aromatic agents. The alcoholic strengths vary so much that it would be necessary to indicate the exact caloric value for each type of liquor when ingested, for this it is best to refer to the table and formula for calculating the calories of the drinks, but in general, a liquor of 27º provides an average of 300 kcal every 100 ml and one of 40º about 470 kcal also every 100 ml.
Egg is an excellent source of Proteins , Vitamins and Minerals , and according to recent studies it can delay degenerative processes. An egg contributes about 85 kilocalories. The yolk contains two valuable substances: Choline and Lecithin. Choline is necessary to produce Acetylcholine , essential for the nervous system, it is contained in the yolk, and influences the development of memory during the embryonic stage and a dietary component essential for the functioning of all cells .
Lecithin does a real job of cleaning the arteries, freeing them from fatty deposits. The white of the egg has a high content of high quality proteins. In addition, it contains vitamins of Complex B, especially Complex B12 and Folic Acid , Antioxidant A, Antioxidant E and Vitamin D ; and minerals such as Iron , Phosphorus , Zinc and Selenium .
It also provides lutein and zeaxanthin , which are involved in visual health. These substances would intervene in a significant reduction in the risk of cataracts and age- related macular degeneration . They could also prevent blindness in older adults. The white – if it is large – can provide 17 Calories , the best protein profile and numerous vitamins and minerals .