Plum liquor . A special recipe to enjoy at parties or just after meals. It is characterized by its delicate aroma and exquisite flavor.
[ hide ]
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation
- 1 Homemade way to filter liquors
- 3 Nutritional and medicinal properties
- 1 Liquor
- 2 Lemon
- 4 Sources
- 12 red plums .
- 2 cups of alcohol . (500cc.)
- 2 and 1/2 cups of sugar . (500 grams)
- 3 cups water . (750cc.)
- Wash the plums, cut them in half keeping the pit, place them in a wide-mouth jar and cover them with the alcohol.
- Let them marinate for 10 days.
- Then place in a saucepan, the water along with the sugar.
- Bring to the fire and when the boil breaks, bring to a boil over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool well.
- Bring the syrup to the fridge until it is cold.
- Then add the syrup to the plums, mix everything, strain and filter.
- Bottle it in a glass container and cover tightly to prevent air from entering the container.
- Keep in a cool and dark place.
- Wait at least a month before consuming.
Homemade way to filter liquors
- Put a thick layer of cotton in a funnel and then two or three layers of gauze.
- The alcohol macerated with the fruits or the finished liquor is added little by little.
- The process can be repeated again by renewing the cotton, whenever it is considered necessary.
- As the layer is thick it will take time to filter it, pour it a little and after a while the operation will be repeated again until finished. It takes time but the result is very good.
- This process is repeated on the wane and the liquor will be more crystalline.
Nutritional and medicinal properties
Some liqueurs are prepared by infusing certain woods, fruits , or flowers , in water or alcohol , and adding sugar, etc. Others are made by distillation of aromatic agents. The alcoholic graduations vary so much that it would be necessary to indicate the exact caloric value for each type of liquor when ingested, for this it is best to refer to the table and formula for calculating the calories of the drinks, but in general, a liquor of 27º provides a average of 300 kcal every 100 ml and one of 40º about 470 kcal also every 100 ml.
- Lemon is good for liver and gallbladder diseases since it stimulates bile secretions, it is effective because it helps digest fatty foods. A tablespoon of virgin olive oil with a dash of lemon on an empty stomach has a surprising effect on the liver and gallbladder .
- Ideal to combat high blood pressure as it contains a high level of potassium and a low sodium content . If you have to avoid salt , lemon can be used to dress meats, fish and salads.
- It is rich in vitamin C , it has a refreshing effect and the cleansing capacity of the liver makes it very convenient for a fever or flu process. If the person has a fever but feels very cold, it is advisable to take it with hot water and honey . Furthermore, this richness of vitamin C and bioflavonoids is ideal for strengthening capillaries and avoiding the tendency to allergies , bruises , and spider veins.
- For many gum problems since it is anti-hemorrhagic and rich in vitamin C. Precisely the richness in vitamin C has traditionally made it highly recommended to avoid Scurvy .
- Improves throat conditions (angina, pharyngitis, etc). Take it with warm water and honey and also gargle with this mixture.
- Diabetics would greatly benefit from drinking water with a splash of lemon, which cleanses, remineralizes, and stimulates the pancreas and liver .
- The use in rheumatic people is prohibited since it is considered very acidic but it really tends to eliminate acidity from the body since these acids are metabolized during digestion to produce potassium carbonate. This precisely favors the neutralization of excess acids in the body, being able to relieve rheumatic and arthritic pain.
- It can be of great help in some congestions and headaches if they are related to the liver; for example when they occur after a fat or heavy meal.
- In the genito– urinary system as a diuretic and in the skin and mucosa as an antifungal and antibacterial.
- Digestive : which helps to expel gases and laxative properties. It is recommended for the treatment of colic caused by poor digestion, constipation or headache caused by difficult and prolonged digestion.
- Lemon decoction has stimulating properties, lowers fever and relieves pain.
- The juice is particularly useful in treating liver and spleen conditions , to expel kidney stones , fight rheumatism and other arthritic conditions, lower fever, disinfect the throat , and remove pimples from the tongue.
- Helps keep hair healthy. It is good to dissolve it in water to rinse the hair and keep it shiny and defatted