Dolmas of grape leaves . It is a Middle Eastern dish . In western countries, it is the equivalent of a cabbage stuffed roll. The origin of the word is from Turkey , and means “stuffed thing”. It is known in many cultures with different names and styles. Traditionally it is made from grape leaves . In Azerbaijan , Armenia , Cyprus , Greece , Iraq , Iran , Jordan , Turkey , Syria and LebanonIn addition to grape leaves, they also use different vegetables such as tomatoes, aubergines, cabbage, zucchini and onions . Although it takes time and effort to make this dish, it is very delicious.
[ hide ]
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation
- 3 Tips
- 4 Libations
- 5 Source
- 3 cups of long grain rice.
- ¾ teaspoon allspice(ground)
- 1 lb of finely chopped lamb
- ½ teaspoon of ground pepper.
- 1 cup salsa of tomato.
- 2 cloves of garlic(minced).
- 1 lb grape leaves(canned or fresh).
- 4 teaspoons of butter.
- Saltto taste.
- A large chopped onion.
- 2 lemons.
- Prepare the leaves. If you are going to use raw grape leaves, you will have to prepare them. To prepare them, boil half a gallon of water and add salt . Place the leaves in the boiling water for 15 minutes and carefully remove them, place them in a cold water bath, and let them soak. Otherwise, go directly to mix the preparation.
- Prepare the filling. In a mixing bowl, combine the rice , tomato paste , allspice , black pepper, garlic , meat , onion , and 1/4 of water . Keep mixing until all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Fill in the fig leaf. Take a teaspoon of the mixture and place it in the center of the fig leaf. Then spread the mixture evenly like a half cylinder. Remember to leave about a 1/4 inch of space at each end of the sheet. This will make folding it easier. Now, fold from the end of the leaf stem. Then tuck the empty sides in toward the center. After that, keep rolling until you have completed the fig leaf roll. Repeat the folding procedure with the rest of the mixture. Finally, place the grape leaves in a pot. Make sure to put them next to each other.
- Cook them. Put the pot on the stove and pour 2 cups of water into the pot. Then spread butter evenly over the vine leaves on top. Cover the pot and cook over high heat for 2 hours. Cooking time usually depends on your stove and the pot material. However, it can take 1 hour and 15 minutes after the mixture is boiling. After that time, turn off the stove and leave the pot uncovered for 10 minutes.
- It serves. On a serving plate, take one fig leaf at a time and arrange as desired. Preferably serve them when they are hot.
- Drizzle oilon the bottom of the cooking pan and place a layer of grape leaves on the bottom. This will prevent the sheets from sticking to the bottom.
- Stuffed grape leaves can be placed with small stuffed zucchini and tomatoesin a Dutch oven . Some people prefer to serve Dolma hot, but others prefer it cold.
- The same would be a white winewith resin, it is the traditional thing in Greece , it is also very pleasant a white from a Verdejo grape Wheel .