Crocodile . This was the first prototype of a bus manufactured in our country after the triumph of the Cuban revolution , from this bus the famous girones buses with the Girón I arose , being a list of several buses manufactured in our country.
[ hide ]
- 1 History
- 2 Features
- 3 See Also
- 4 Sources
At the end of the 60s, with the aim of improving the transport situation at that time and the idea of building the first buses in our country.
These buses are part of the bus park used in Cuba , called Cocodrilo , model “I” manufactured at the ” Evelio Prieto ” plant in Guanajay , in the old province of Havana , now Artemisa , their idea arises from the chassis and engine of the Soviet truck ” GAZ-51 ” and Cuban bodywork.
- Chassis and engine of the Soviet truck “GAZ-51”
- Power 185 hp at 2000 rpm
- Cargo capacity (26 + 1 seated passengers)
- Length 7 640 mm
- Width 2 340 mm
- Height 3 020 mm
- 8-cylinder V- shaped vertical front-end gasoline engine
- Type of service: schoolchildren, companies and others
- They came into operation from 1970
- Number of copies