Crayola . It is a brand of crayons. Kind of colored wax blight , instrument for drawing or graffiti .
[ hide ]
- 1 History
- 2 Manufacturing
- 3 crayons in children’s drawing
- 4 Recycling
- 1 Method of implementation
- 5 Curiosities
- 6 Sources
As it turns out, a long time ago (at the end of the 19th century ) there were crayons that were very large: opaque colors and made with toxic ingredients that were mainly used in factories to mark packaging, boxes and containers.
So it was that, inspired by these markers, a group of teachers from a school in the United States thought that something similar but suitable could be developed to be used by girls and boys in school activities; listening to the request of teachers, Peekskill Chemical Company of New York , specializing in developing industrial dyes, and developed the first gis to board without dust , took the initiative as a challenge.
To manufacture the first crayons, they worked long to create synthetic, non-toxic pigments. In addition they made them smaller and thinner so that it was not uncomfortable to use them. In reality, the production process was quite simple: it consisted of making a mixture of liquid wax and dyes , a procedure that until now has not undergone great variations.
In this way, in 1903 , the first production of crayons went on sale: a green and yellow box that contained eight cylindrical wax bars in black , brown , blue , red , purple , orange, yellow and green. The name “crayola” resulted from the combination of two words: craie which means gis in French and ola, which comes from the Greek word “oleaginous”, that is to say, oily. From then on the idea became a success, so much so that today there are more than a hundred colors that include fluorescent crayons, with bright, aromatic, multicolored sparkles, etc. In addition, each year more than a billion of these bars are sold worldwide .
In the manufacture of natural wax crayons bee it is very important because it should be a non – toxic product under the main users are children in their earliest years. As an essential raw material, wax can make up to 60% of the total formulation. Depending on the characteristics that you want to give to the crayon, the most appropriate wax is selected, some are derived from petroleum, such as paraffin . The characteristics that the wax enhances or modifies are: consistency and plasticity (softness or hardness), adherence to the paper , sliding capacity, among others. It is advisable to contain organic vegetable pigmentsand that its ingredients are free of asbestos, the latter is a controversial topic under debate in the US . and that scientific experts and authorities are regulating.
When examining crayons, an experienced buyer takes into account tamper resistance and durability, those with paper wrapping may have higher impact resistance. Likewise, consistency and homogeneity in the texture is important, that is, that during the strokes there are no residues on the paper and they glide smoothly. Another factor to take into account is the liveliness and brightness of the colors (in the assortment some include a skin-colored piece that is usually an important differentiating argument) brand and name of the manufacturer, country of origin and, most importantly, the Packaging must clearly indicate that they are non-toxic. The greasy consistency of wax pencilsIt implies water resistance and can be combined with watercolor brush strokes to create artistic effects.
Crayons in children’s drawing
A practical and easy to use instrument in children’s drawing is the crayon. These have a special design very useful in children’s drawing, since their tip allows detailing the edges of the drawing, the back is used for stippling and the sides for coloring.
The use of crayon in children’s drawing is almost unlimited, since it can be combined with other materials and obtain different textures. In addition, it is great for parents and teachers because children of any age can have access to crayons without the need for supervision and without the need to pre-prepare materials and the workplace, making it an ideal material for our children or students make their children’s drawings at any time of the day and turn this activity into a healthy, easy and very beneficial recreational alternative for children and parents.
Crayons are an indispensable instrument in the development of the child’s imagination, with them they can stimulate his artistic abilities, in addition to always maintaining a high quality in his first drawings. In short, they are the best option for young children between two and three years old, since due to their size and special design, they promote the motor development process . Children will like to smoothly and quickly cover large surfaces, allowing them to experiment with a wide range of bright colors.
Crayons in the pot
The materials to use.
- Crayons of many colors.
- Aluminum cans, like those of Coca-Cola.
- Woodensticks .
- Chocolatemolds or coolers with fun shapes.
- A large pot.
Method of realization
Method of realization
- The first thing you should do is take the cans and cut off the top. The idea is that it is completely open to be able to put the crayons inside.
- Find all the crayons and put them in groups of yellows, blues, greens, in short all the colors you have. You can also tell him to fix several colors together, for example, the union of blue and red, a new violet crayon will come out.
- Put a couple of centimeters of waterin the bottom and carefully take the cans with the respective crayons inside and arrange inside. Remember that if they do not have enough weight they will float . It doesn’t matter if the crayons have paper around them, put them complete.
- With the help of the wooden sticks, mix them to help them melt. Some will take longer than others. And maybe you get yourself some rebels that won’t melt.
- Remove the crayon covers. You can do it with the same sticks. Prevent it from dripping somewhere because it will be impossible to remove later.
- Put some newspaperon a surface to protect. Take the packaging to make chocolates. Use of hearts , stars , trees .
- Add the melted crayons to the top. Let them cool and harden. If you want you can put them in the freezer to make it faster. Nothing happens.
- Take off and they will take off without problems if they are very firm. They will be as seen in the image.