Cocoa butter is the natural edible fat of the cocoa bean.It is a combination of palmitic acid, stearic acid and oleic acid. Cocoa butter is known as an excellent emollient that moisturizes the skin in depth and keeps it soft and supple. Its thick consistency makes it ideal for areas prone to dryness and roughness, such as elbows, knees and heels.
General Health Benefits Of Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter can be consumed in moderation and can bring many health benefits. Check out some of these benefits:
- Due to the presence of important antioxidants such as polyphenols and flavonoids, cocoa butter has a great advantage to protect your body against diseases.
- Combine inflammation, DNA damage and cell mutations, which cause cardiovascular disease, cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Polyphenols still help in improving skin elasticity, collagen production and toning.
- Promotes hormonal balance.
- It improves mood by increasing the levels of endorphin and serotonin.
- It fights constipation and improves bowel functions.
- Combats atherosclerosis (hardening of veins) due to the action of polyphenols and their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits For The Skin Of Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is a skin care product useful to have in the home, either for daily moisturization or to help reduce scars or stretch marks. For nourished and healthy-looking skin.
What you probably do not know is that cocoa butter contains a lot of antioxidants – especially vitamin E – that fight free radicals , cell destroyers that lead to premature aging.
The cocoa butter is a very good moisturizer for the face, because when we apply it penetrates under the different dermal layers which provides softness, flexibility and shine throughout the area. This remedy should be applied twice a day to obtain better results.
It is highly recommended for sensitive skin that may be allergic to other types of moisturizing treatments, such as face skin or baby skin.
Helps in the process of production of collagen of the skin , being this responsible for the elastic capacity of our tissue. Thus, the skin becomes more toned and elastic, providing a soft, healthy and youthful appearance.
You can find cocoa butter in natural products stores, cereal stores or emporiums; both in physical and virtual stores. To make sure you are getting the real cocoa butter, check its coloring. It does not have a very yellowish, but clearer coloration.