Bactoderm is a topical medicine whose active principle is Neomycin Sulfate.This medicine is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the skin or mucous membranes, such as inflamed pimples, wounds, and abscesses.
Bactoderm works by preventing the growth and proliferation of the bacteria that cause the infection.It is a medicine indicated for the treatment of infections of the skin or mucous membranes, caused by different bacteria. It is also indicated to prevent infections of skin or mucous membranes after injuries, cuts and small burns.
How Does Bactoderm Work?
Bactoderm contains two antibiotics , neomycin and bacitracin zinc, which together inhibit the growth of various types of bacteria, especially those that often cause skin and mucosal infections. Because of this, Bactoderm is effective for treating and preventing skin and mucosal infections.The effects of Bactoderm start soon after its application. In most cases, improvement of the lesion can be observed about two or three days after the start of treatment.
Indications of Bactoderm
Boils; impetigo; anthrax; ectima; otitis; nasal musculoskeletal infections; infected eczema; pyoderma; skin ulcers; little extensive burns; injuries; abscesses; acnes.
Side Effects of Bactoderm
Allergic reactions; itching; redness; swelling; muscle aches; tingling; contact dermatitis; changes in kidneys and hearing.
Contraindications of Bactoderm
Pregnant or lactating women; premature babies or newborns; hypersensitivity to the product; severe renal insufficiency; damage to the hearing aid or labyrinth system.
How To Use Bactoderm
Adults and children
- Before using the product, wash the affected area with soap and water and dry thoroughly. Apply a thin layer of the product to the region 2 to 5 times a day. Use gauze or cotton for easy application.
Dermatological External Use.
- Apply a thin layer of the product, 2 to 5 times a day with the aid of a gauze.
- Maintain the treatment for another 2 to 3 days, after the symptoms have disappeared.
- In order for there to be no excess absorption of the drug into the blood, when you apply Bactoderm to large areas or burns, treatment should be done for a few days (at most 8 to 10 days).
- Before applying the product, wash the affected area with soap and water, and carefully dry the area.
- After application, you can protect the treated area with gauze.