With temperatures rising with each passing day, all we want most is a way to get around the heat. Especially indoors, where air circulation tends to be much less and, generally, it is where we usually spend a great deal of time. The options for combating heat are several, but the most chosen by people is usually the fan.
Economical and practical to install, the appliance has the function of ventilating the air and making the environment cooler and more airy. But what about the desire to install a fan per room and guarantee an entire house fresh and ventilated?
Where can I put a ceiling fan?
The answer is simple: wherever you want! But some details and care deserve attention when choosing the model and installing it. We have separated some tips on the placement of fans in the different rooms of the house!
The bedroom is almost a unanimous requirement when it comes to where to place a ceiling fan. The biggest advantage of the ceiling fan is that it saves space and this is closely linked to this choice. Generally, as they have limited space, rooms are good options for installing a ceiling fan. In addition to being the room where we spend most of the night, when it is unbearable to deal with the heat.
In this case, the only necessary caveat is to pay attention to the size of your room. This ensures that you are getting the option that will have the best and most economical performance possible. It is also important to observe the minimum specifications of the fan in relation to the distance from the floor, doors and windows.
Comfortable in which people get together frequently or spend part of their free time, whether watching TV, reading a book or even chatting, the room can be an interesting environment for those looking to cool a leisure space with plenty of circulation.
Here, mainly, the hint of the relationship between the space of the environment and the power of the fan is worthwhile. Especially if the size of your room is large. There is no point in installing a fan if it will not do the job; so pay close attention to the recommended proportions!
The kitchen is not a very common environment when it comes to fans. But it can be a good option considering that it is a generally warm room, due to the heat of the stove. Nothing prevents you from installing a ceiling fan in your kitchen. You just have to commit to cleaning the appliance properly. This is because the chances of fat accumulation, especially in the propellers, are great. Therefore, it is also necessary to pay attention to the material from which the fan is made; all to facilitate the cleaning process and also the durability of the appliance.
The study and work environments are also quite chosen rooms for the installation of ceiling fans. It is usually because they are closed environments that the heat ends up being difficult to withstand. Thus, adequate ventilation becomes necessary. The tip for this type of environment is to give preference to the quieter models. That’s because the office is a space in which excessive noise is not welcome.
How is the installation of a ceiling fan?
The first and most important information is: yes, it is necessary to call a specialist for your fan to be installed correctly and safely. Taking on the task of installing your own fan is quite risky. This is because it is an electrical appliance and that any slip can damage the fan itself or even its wiring, in addition to being dangerous for you. Therefore, the best option is to call a responsible professional, specialist in the area, to keep everything running smoothly.
What are the precautions when installing my ceiling fan?
- It may seem obvious, but it is not. It is necessary to identify whether the voltage of the electrical wires in the place is the same as that of the device to be installed. Generally, the home voltage is 127V, but it is worth checking first.
- The height of the fan must be at least 2.3m from the floor and 0.5m from the walls. It is also necessary to observe if there are no doors or windows crossing the fan’s operating space.
- The ceiling of the room in which the fan will be installed must be able to support at least 25 kg.
How is the ceiling fan installed?
Here you will check which tools and materials are needed to install your ceiling fan.
You will need
- Ceiling fan: choose the model that best fits the environment you want to ventilate. The greater the number of blades on the device, the greater the ventilation power. Performance is also better in larger environments.
- Wires: Wires will be needed to connect the switch to the actual fan.
- Tools: some accessories will be needed, such as measuring tape, drill, Philips and screwdrivers; pliers, electrical tape, screws and plugs, ladder, etc.
- First, it is essential that the main power switch of the place is turned off. This avoids any problems with shocks and electrical discharges.
- The professional who will install the appliance must mount the fan and ensure that the blades are placed in the right places and in a firm and safe manner.
- The fan wires must be passed through the stem, exiting the base. This rod, in turn, must be attached to the engine.
- This support, containing the wires and rods, must be fixed to the ceiling. The rod wires must be connected to the ceiling wires with electrical tape. They must also respect the differences in voltages 127V or 220V.
- On the wall, the light switch must be replaced by the fan control key, connecting the wires of the key to those of the fan motor. The power cord will be connected to the mains cord.
- At the end, use a measuring tape to check the distance of each spade from the ceiling: they should be level. It is also important that the screws are tightened and checked every 1 ½ years.
What to expect from the Latin ceiling fan line?
Unlike everything we were used to, the launch brought a leap in technology, design and function to the market. Still don’t know our ceiling fans? Check out everything that the VT line models can bring to your home!
1) Aerodynamics developed in partnership with USP
It was thinking about the need for ceiling fans and also the rooms where these devices are usually installed that Latina went in search of offering cutting edge technology for the VT line .
In partnership with the University of São Paulo (USP), all models in the line were designed with an aerodynamics that seeks to offer much more wind, with less deck.
With models developed to ventilate rooms of 25 m² and 36 m², the ergonomics of the blades promises to refresh the whole room efficiently and without disturbing your sleep or your leisure time!
2) Easy installation and assembly
With the daily rush, all we need less is to have a headache in the installation and assembly of products that we just bought. Even worse if we have to deal with break-break. For this reason, the 4 models of the VT line from Latina have the whole installation process simplified . With a complete and illustrated user manual, you have your fan running quickly and conveniently.
3) Options with or without lamp
For all tastes and needs, the Latina fan line has models with a lamp and without a lamp. In the versions with illumination, the model VT355 has a capacity for 02 economical lamps of base E27 of up to 23 W. The models VT633 and VT673 can receive lamps with the same configuration, however up to 60W.
Imagine being able to regulate the intensity of the lighting in your environment, leaving it at the level you need both to watch a movie and to read a book.
The VT673 model brings this technology: using dimmable lamps, you can control the light intensity at the touch of the control.
4) Remote control
All Latina fan models have multifunctional control. You adjust everything you need at the touch of the buttons: varying according to the device, you can turn the lamp on and off, adjust the ventilation speeds, adjust the light intensity levels and program the sleep function. In the VT350 , VT355 and VT633 models , the control is fixed to the wall; on the VT673 model , the control is remote.
5) Sleep function
Imagine being able to program your fan to turn itself off? With the sleep function, the VT673 model is great for those who usually sleep with the fan on: you program the device to work for 30, 60 or 120 minutes, it saves energy during the night.
6) Ventilation and exhaust: 3 speeds
With ventilation and exhaust options, you control at 3 speeds each: minimum, medium and maximum. Ventilated environment according to your needs!