Calisthenics is a type of functional gymnastics that can be done with sticks, arm push-ups, sit-ups, fixed bars, jumps, running, among other activities. This type of exercise improves physical fitness and helps you lose weight.
Who can practice calisthenics
Calisthenics is a method of training that is suitable for any person, both men and women, regardless of age or physical condition.The most known calisthenics exercises could be push-ups, weightless squats, irons, bench bottoms or bar pullups, while more complex exercises are archery pullups, and the reverse front lever.
What are the benefits of calisthenics?
The main benefits (3) in the musculature of practicing calisthenics are:
- Increase in muscle endurance
- Muscle Strength Increase a somewhat limited aspect, remembering that resistance is body weight.
- Muscular hypertrophy, which will also be limited by what was explained above.
- Increase in Muscular Power or the explosive aspect of force.
- Improvements in Flexibility.
- Improvement of body posture and control of the center of gravity
- They are multiarticular.
Is there a risk of injury practicing calisthenics?
In all sports, physical activity there is a risk of injury, mainly due to excessive efforts, you should take into account:
- Always carry out warm-up or warm-up prior to training.
- Never train with muscle fatigue.
- At first do not perform the exercises at high speed.
- Do not force the joint positions or ranges.
- Muscle stretches no greater than 8 Seconds in duration.
- Protect hands with gloves.
BEFORE STARTING CALISTHENICS, WARM UP THE MUSCLES.
It is very important to start with a small warm-up.Some example of warm up in calisthenics is as follows;
- Make ten squats.
- Make circles with your wrists, and ankles.
- Prepare your cervical area by stretching it well, with your hands on your head.
- You can start doing some jumps and lengthening your body.
- You can even make the camber smooth to get warm.
Remember that this phase is essential to avoid injury during training, this type of warm-up is just an example.These types of exercises are very fundamental for the athlete, especially if you are preparing a competition.