Rice is very beneficial for your health. It is an important part of a balanced diet. Rice is rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. Rice helps to provide instant energy, promote skin health, aid digestion, increase metabolism, lower high blood pressure, improve immune system, protect against dysentery, cancer and heart disease.
Benefits of eating rice –
- Rice and vitamins such as vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin D, calcium, fiber, iron and magnesium are found in plenty in rice.
- Rice is rich in carbohydrates which provide energy to the body.
- Brown rice contains insoluble fiber that can provide protection against many types of cancer. Insoluble fiber helps protect the body against the growth of cancer cells.
- Rice bran oil has antioxidant properties that are helpful in treating cardiovascular diseases.
- Rice is low in fat, cholesterol and sodium, which is considered to be one of the best foods for people suffering from high blood pressure. The calcium present in brown rice helps lower blood pressure.
- Brown rice has high levels of nutrients that help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Brown rice helps in reducing bad cholesterol. The outer layer (bran) of brown rice contains oil, and these oils can help reduce bad cholesterol.
- Eating rice is beneficial in diarrhea, dysentery and diarrhea.