Artificial Flowers . Flowers that are not naturally available, but are artificially made, are known as Artificial Flowers, these are imitations of natural flowers. Silk Flowers, Soap Flowers , Paper Flowers, Corn Leaf Flowers, Clay Flowers, Plastic Flowers, Porcelain Flowers, and Leather Flowers are some examples of artificial flowers.
[ hide ]
- 1 History
- 2 Artificial Flowers Productions
- 3 Artificial paper and cloth flowers
- 1 Main processes for the production of Fabric and Paper Flowers
- 4 Artificial Soap Flowers
- 1 Methods used to make soap flowers
- 5 Plastic Artificial Flowers
- 6 Artificial porcelain flowers
- 7 Artificial Flower Arrangements
- 8 Source
The Artificial flowers are truly a copy of flowers naturally available. The art of making Artificial Flowers is so specialized that it generally takes more than a simple glance to differentiate artificial flowers from natural flowers.
Reasons to Give Artificial Flowers
- They last longer.
- They are easier to care for.
- They are cheaper.
- They can have bright colors.
- They also serve as gifts.
- They do not produce allergies.
- They look like natural ones.
- They can be designed more easily, thus achieving the objective of the floral set.
Artificial Flowers Productions
Throughout the different eras of humanity different materials have been used to make artificial flowers. The Egyptians used linen and shaved painted stained horn; the Chinese used rice paper; gold the Romans and silver. Silkworm cocoons were used in Italy while the South American used the colored plumage of some birds and the dried leaves that cover the ear of corn or other vegetable fibers. Modern methods include nylon net stretched over wire frames , carved or shaped soap , ground into clay, and injection mass produced plastic moldings.
The French originally learned the art of artificial flower production from the Italians. During the 18th century , the French developed their art, and by the end of that century, Parisian manufacturers enjoyed a worldwide reputation. The industrial Artificial flowers business was introduced to England by French refugees around the same time, and soon spread to America as well. The modern Artificial Flower industry is now highly specialized, employing diverse and very specific processes in some cases.
Artificial paper and cloth flowers
Main processes for the production of Fabric and Paper Flowers
- First of all various fabrics and materials are cut and formed into convenient shapes, making leaves, petals, etc. The process can use scissors , but more often stamps or “shapes” are used to cut pieces by a dozen or more in thickness on each roll.
- Using a device, the veins of the leaves are printed or volumetrically shaped to relief, and with the help of goffering iron in various ways the cut petals are rounded into natural shapes at their ends.
- The petals and other parts of the flower are then gathered and the flower is built from the center outwards.
- Finally the flower and leaves are mounted and connected on a stem. The stem is made of brass or iron wire with a colored material wrapped around it.
Artificial soap flowers
Methods used to make soap flowers
- A layered colored soap bar is mounted on a lathe and with the help of a chisel circular grooves are created. The finished flower replicates the natural symmetry of flowers. To maintain originality in each flower, modifications can be made by hand.
- A more expensive and intensive process is also employed. A paste from the modeling profession is extracted by grinding an oil-free soap and mixed with water . Leaves and petals emboss on the material using stamps and rollers.
Once the structure is completed whatever the process, the wire , the wood and other mounts are used to the craete in order to finish the artificial flowers.
Plastic Artificial Flowers
The plastic production of the flower is a highly specialized art where the manufactured mass is used by injecting it into moldings. The plastic is injected into a mold of metal and identical flowers are massively produced.
Porcelain Artificial Flowers
The porcelain is a media type hard translucent ceramic generally melted at a temperature higher than the china clay varnished, or pottery clay. It is white, but slightly translucent and can be decorated to provide color. The flowers painted on porcelain or carved out of porcelain are known as porcelain flowers . Also, many gift items demand flower vases, hair bands, beads, etc. it is produced with flower descriptions on them. These porcelain flowers can be sheltered for a life without any type of conservation methods. Porcelain Flowers It has great durability.
Artificial Flower Arrangements
The advantage of artificial flower arrangements is, if properly cared for, these artificial flowers can last for many years. Also, properly designed artificial flower arrangements can be just as beautiful as real flower arrangements. The key is to employ a designer who is skilled in artificial flower arrangements. Working with artificial flowers requires different skills and techniques compared to working with natural flowers. There are numerous online resources that offer a wonderful selection of flower arrangements or artificial methods of making your own artificial flowers.