The world of journalism always has interesting things to discuss. One of them is the tone of writing in journalism. Writing tone is the intonation in a word or writing. Writing tone has its own character even though the sentence is the same. The tone of the writing is influenced by punctuation in a writing. To more easily understand it, here are some types of writing tones in journalism.
- Familiar pitched writing
Posts that have a familiar tone are usually written in informal language. In the world of journalism, writing with a familiar tone is aimed at individuals or individuals. Writing that has a familiar tone will express the contents of one’s thoughts and experiences freely without fixating on the attachment to the rules of the applicable language.
This paper is also able to make reading more relaxed and commonly used in therapeutic or psychological medicine. Writing with a familiar tone is subjective or ‘me’ so it goes deeper into what happened to the writer. The main characteristic of familiar pitched writing is carefree, friendly, and not bound by formal writing rules.
- Difference in Book Publishing and Printing
- The Importance of Communication in Team Collaboration
- The function of the Pyramid is reversed in the news
- A Critical Approach To The Theory Of Feminism In Communication
- Understanding Print Media According to Experts
- Informative tone writing
Writing in an informative tone has the aim to convey information or news. This paper is usually flat and formal. Informative writing tries to explain something to the reader. Various kinds of explanations are given so that the reader is able to imagine what is in the writing.
Informative writing has relatively simple, concise sentences, but can give the reader an idea. The style of language used in informative texts must not only be formal. The language style used is also tailored to the target audience.
The tone used in this type of writing must be objective and interesting. The sentence must be able to attract the reader to keep reading the next sentence to be able to get other information related to the information in the previous sentence.
- The Function of Manuscript in a Video
- Initial Process of Managing Manuscripts in Publishing
- The Scope of Basic Cultural Sciences in Communication
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Written Communication
- Game Models in Interpersonal Communication
- Pitched Writing Explanations
At first glance it might be informative writing with explanatory tone writing to look the same, but actually these two types of notes are different. Explanatory writing is not just about providing information, but rather explaining the details in the writing.
Writing in an explanatory tone will try to reveal or explain the essence of the sentence. This paper will analyze, process, explore, interpret, and assess the essence of a sentence. To be able to help writing with an interesting tone of explanation and not long-winded, the writer must pay attention to the aspects below:
- Classification: a screening procedure that makes it easy for writers to try to overcome a thirsty subject by dividing it into pieces.
- Definition: the act of discussion that wants to give an understanding of a term as clearly as possible. There are 3 types of definitions, namely dictionary definitions, logical definitions, and broad definitions.
- Analysis: examine or provide a more specific explanation on the classification that has been done before.
- Opinion: a person’s final opinion on the subject matter discussed.
- Debate-pitched writing
The type of tone of writing in the next journalism is pitched in debate. Posts that have a debating tone will lead the reader to follow the opinions expressed by the author. The hallmark of debating pitched writing is usually persuasive or logical persuasive sentences. Posts like this are usually found in discussion forums and written by someone who does have insight or knowledge in the topics discussed.
Posts that have a debating tone like this must be able to link one logical opinion with another logical opinion. Each sentence will explain the sentence that was expressed previously until arranged into the conclusions of the debate that makes sense.
- The documentation function in journalism
- Communication theory in organizational culture
- Theoretical approach in political communication
- Objectivity in communication theory
- An objective approach in communication theory
- Pitched Posts
Critical writing is writing written with the aim of giving criticism to a literary work. Therefore, to be able to write in a tone of criticism like this must be able to read the intended literary works in full in advance.
Not only one literary work, but also several other literary works that are better known than the literary works that will be criticized. This can be a reference or reference in criticizing a literary work. Every aspect in a work must get the same attention so that the writing becomes more balanced.
In writing criticized, the writer does not have to give a negative criticism, but it can also be a good criticism that might make the work far better than other works.
- Communication systems in computers and networks
- How to reduce uncertainty in intercultural communication
- The history of the development of computer networks in data communication
- Various kinds of communication media in the network
- The role of persuasive communication in attitude formation
- Authoritative Pitched Posts
Autorative writing is the type of writing that produces scientific work. To be able to produce writing like this, there are several stages that need to be passed, namely:
- Choose a topic
- Read the introduction
- Preliminary bibliography
- Preliminary framework
- Take notes
- Write the first script
- Hold a revision
- Write a final script
- Correcting the trial print
That is a brief explanation of the types of writing tone in journalism. Thus this article, hopefully can be a reference for those of you who need it.